1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 08 WR250 Pipe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motox415, Dec 30, 2008.

1. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

My stock pipe has had it. Can someone recommend a good replacement. I am looking for an increase in bottom to mid range HP.

Dave
  2. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am not sure how it affects the power, but FMF makes a pipe for the WR-250 that will work with the stock silencer. The Pro Circuit pipe won't work with the stock silencer and performance wise does not seem to work as well as the stocker. If they don't list a pipe for an 08, anything listed for a 99 or newer will work. I believe Husky has made some slight tuning changes over the years, but as far as fit any of those years will work.
  3. Yanni23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go FMF Gnarly. Good bottom my good man.
  4. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info. Have a good new year.

Dave
  5. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I haven't tried it yet myself but a riding buddy hates his FMF Gnarly compared to the stock pipe. He claims a big loss in bottom end.

Another riding buddy claims a top end increase with the Gnarly and no loss of bottom.

I want to try it for myself.

I have tried a HGS and feel it improves the mid to top with a small sacrifice in bottom. I keep it as a spare pipe as it rubs the kickstarter compared to stock and that offends me.:confused:

All of us are on '06-'07 WR250's.
  6. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Has anyone tried a Doma pipe?
  7. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a Doma on my 360. I don't notice much difference over the stock pipe (SPES) other than it does fit better.

One caution about the Doma is that it is not as thick as other pipes and thus, dents easy. The stock Husky pipe is also pretty thin.

I have repaired a few pipes (Stock (Husky, KTM, & Gas Gas), Doma, Messico, Motowest, Pro Circuit, FMF (Gnarly & Fatty), Bills, SPES,& HGS.

The Doma's appear to be among the thinnest pipes out there (based on how easy they repair).

The FMF Gnarly is the thickest pipe I have ever worked on.

As I posted before, I intend to give the Gnarly a try, I just need to get my buddy to loan it to me. He is willing just not that motivated to work on his bike. No big hurry as it is snowing again here.:thumbsdown:
  8. motox415 Husqvarna
    B Class

Keep me posted when you try the FMF pipe. Have you noticed any difference in performance from the various silencers?
  9. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a FMF Gnarly anc TC II silencer on my old CR, took a stock pipe/silencer off off and to me it seems to have much better bottom end power and on this bike the fit was great....one of my last KTM 200 Gnarleys it fit like crap. maybe was bad jig