1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 08 WR250 Float Height

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Is this correct 18-22mm? Adjusted mine but seems awful high on TMX carb.

Thanx!

Typpyt
  2. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That's what I've read here as well as other sites. I dont have a manual to truly verify though.

What did yours measure at stock?
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine after started 1st time this year had gas coming out of vent hoses. They were so low in bowl that they were not shutting fuel off. I wondered why I had to refuel every hour to hour/15mins. When I went into a turn it was leaking gas.

Thanx For The Help!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    check the float needle and seat, float bowl levels usually do not change by themselves.
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont have a caliper to measure, but I can tell my float height is way off by eye when I removed the carb and dropped the bowl today.

Check this thread from TT:
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412662
    Invaluable info.

I dont bother with calipers. When the seam of the float is parallel to the carb bowl mating surface then its golden. An old factory Kawi mechanic taught me this.
    This pic shows a perfectly calibrated float IMO:
    [IMG]
    The seam and the bowl mating surface are perfectly parallel.

Read carefully about not allowing the bumper spring to fully compress. Hold the carb at 45 degrees to accomplish this.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome PC/K. I set mine @18mm and is alot higher than this (Concern I have). At first I set it like the picture above, parallel with bowl surface. My main fear right now with the 18mm setting is that the bike will have fuel starvation on a straight away. That means production will go down and the price of gas will go up? Or is it, consume more and the price will go up? Or is it just going to go up?

I am going to go back and change mine plus check the needle and seat. Make me wonder if my shipping crate was dropped at some point?

Typpyt
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Mine was way off too. I didn't measure it with calipers, but I broke out the tape and it looked to be about 9mm. I adjusted the tang so the float seam was parallel to the bowl mating surface and that put it around 14mm, which is still 4mm off from the Husky spec.

Bike ran great, but drank fuel like a thirsty pig. Or maybe I was riding too many roads at WOT :excuseme:

I guess I'll try it at 20mm (middle of the spec) and see what happens. Maybe the 'seam lined up with the mating surface' trick doesn't apply to these TMX carbs!?!? It runs fine, but seems to be using a lot of fuel.
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    You better get a handle on that extra consumption or your going to make the gas prices go up!
    I ran mine over the weekend, leaned it over and had no gas come out of the tubes.

Thanx

Typpyt