1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

08 txc 310 gearing?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mac75, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mac75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone who runs this kit played with gearing at all... I love the new found power.. just seem to still be in between gears all the time... Gearing is perfect for the track ,but in technical 2nd gear is even a little jumpy
  2. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a TE 310 and I thinking of droping two teeth in the rear for 2nd gear stuff. And I'm trying to find an different ramp for the throttle. It's like light switch it the tight stuff at times. Also the gearing might help the bike run alittle more than 50mph.
  3. mac75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats what im leaning towards... I think one up in the front is to much.. maybee a throttle cam...When it was a 250 2nd gear all day in the tight stuff. now cant turn with the frontend in the air
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I think Kelly recently got set up with G2 and should be able to hook you up. :thumbsup: Send him an email at motosportz@gmail.com.

I am still considering the 310 kit for my TXC, is it worth doing? I ride mostly tight slow stuff and don't really "need" more power but I think it may help it pull 1st gear in some of the really slow stuff.

How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

Later,
  5. mac75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I weigh 185.. And it will pull second hard now.... first will crawl up stuff also.... Talk to Jay Hall today and he kinda told me to get on the gas more and hes right.. Jay at Halls husky has raced the 310 for 3 years now.. First two on a te and now on a 310 txc.. It makes all the power from half throttle up.. I think a throttle cam might be the way to go...

But to give you some background , Last year I was the D-17 QUAD A"SORRY" hs champ and switched to bikes this year.. I am adapting to a total differant power delivery.. When this bike comes into the power, I would have shifted my 450 atv last year... I rode a gas gas 250ec last year for fun and that motor tractors up everything and I could have the worst riding position in the world and it would stay planted and lug up a hill..
    The txc 250 after I put the 310 kit wants to wheelie and I have to get myself forward on the bike,like im not used too. Its making me become a better rider..
    All in all , I think it was a great buy.., And worth the money..
  6. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Mac 75

Have you checked your sag? you can also try a lesser compression adjustment in the rear. Just a thought.

Comming off a ktm 300xc that you could leave in third all day. The 310 needs constant shifting between second and third in woods sections. I find myself trying to ring second gear between turns. All that does is wear me out. I would like to use second in the woods and leave it in second. I talked to uptite and they sell a different ramp throttle tube.