08 SM610 Shock

Discussion in '610/630' started by brisendines, Apr 29, 2009.

1. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Trust me, it is hard for ME to know how hard the dealer is working... I am pretty gullible, but I'm trying to let them know I'm frustrated.
  2. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm surprised a call wasn't made out to other dealers to see if anyone has the missing part. There are certainly other SM610's at other shops.
  3. Only if a fellow dealer was a good friend would I pull parts off my bike to give to another dealer. My expectation would be that he work the VOR policy with HNA before even contemplating calling me to ask me to take one of my potential sales off line.
  4. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    I feel for ya. Unfortunately given that the dealer your working with is now owned by foothills BMW I hesitate to be optimistic. Other than ordering the part do they have anything from the bike? Is it a case where someone has to verify the damage? And while, yes I said you have to look a thumper over, this is excessive. Is there any way to be able to call around and see if another dealer has the part? Husky NA? Sadly while the BMW buy should mean better parts distribution in the future it doesn't bode well for customer service which BMWNA has a relatively poor track record. If it looks like it will take much longer perhaps they'll get you an aftermarket shock at cost? Just a thought....... I'd miss it too.......
  5. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

They said they'd have the parts by the end of this week. If its ready by Saturday, I'll probably go thrash it. Possibly take a 1 day trip Sunday. Has anyone gotten a reply from Husqvarna US?
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There is a beefy nut that goes on the end of the bolt.

Is it possible that someone at the factory did not tighten that nut? Or maybe not even install it?

I would think it should still be in the swingarm somewhere if it was installed.

Was there a rubber/plastic cover over the hole?
  7. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm pretty sure I heard the nut jingling in the swing arm, but I couldn't hook it with a piece of wire in the parking lot at work. :S I hope that it was just never installed properly- if the bolt does that with any regularity we are going to have serious problems.
    There were little silicone like plugs in the swingarm covering the bolt- thats why I didn't see the bolt sticking way out of where it should be.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I've never ever ever ever heard of this happening before. If things like that occurred on a regular basis this forum would have never been started.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Personally I'd take the entire rear suspension off and regrease and inspect cause it is possible there may be other issues. When the swingarm is off the nut will probably fall out. While you are at it you may as well re-grease the stem bearings (forks), and tighten everything down.

For reference:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1643
  10. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

I appreciate the suggestion- However, I dont' plan on doing anything on this bike myself until the warranty runs out after this little fiasco. I don't want them to be able to say I caused anything because I'm not a properly trained Husky tech. I hate it, but it looks like I'm going to be paying the dealer to do a lot of work I would rather do myself.
  11. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

I got a note from the dealer today, and they said that the bolt and nut were in, but the shock should be in "early next week." He said that he was going to have his service guy put the bolt on and clean up the linkage so that it is ready for the shock when it comes in. I didn't ask if it was prudent to put the bolt in before the shock was in. I did tell him I did appreciate his work and that I wasn't mad at the specific shop, mainly disappointed with customer service for husky. I plan on beating the hell out of the shock when I get the bike back. Maybe give it a week's worth of commuting before I start working it. The shop did offer to deliver the bike back to me- one of the guys lives about 15 minutes from me, so it works out. I really, really hope this is the last big thing I have to worry about.
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That is great news. Really great news.

You may want to discuss them inspecting the swing arm area (linkage) and basically look the entire bike over. I'll assume your dealer is north of you.

I keep thinking about this - did you visually inspect it? If so how did you determine there was plenty of grease, grease on the outside joints?
  13. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, my dealer is north of me- I will mention inspecting the entire bike. My dealer is north- how did you know?
    I did just visually inspect it, but I figure that is good enough- I don't think anyone would assemble something and then put a bead of grease around the outside to make it look like they did their job. It would be easier to actually put grease where it belonged.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You listed your location as Denver, there are only 2 dealers in CO...

My thoughts match yours regarding the grease.
  15. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds like you know your dealers! I didn't know if you had personal experience with them or what.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I am in contact with many people but I know nothing about that particular dealer except he is listed on the corporate site.

If the owner wants to network with other dealers we have several on Cafe Husky.

EDIT - if he does join, make sure he let's me know, or just say so in the welcome thread.

17. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally got the bike home. Got an e-mail saying the parts were in and I could pick it up tonight. I asked if the offer to deliver it was still good(head service guy lives within 20 min of me). They said it was, but it would be wednesday afternoon before they could get it to me, because his pickup was in the shop. I know they have a service pickup and trailer, but just gave up and told them I'd come get it. I drove the 60+ miles up to get it, and guess what- the guy's pickup is sitting right there in the lot. Some tech wheeled my bike out, but just left it there. I didn't take a ramp, because they have a much nicer one that mine, but no one offered to help me load it. I got fed up and decided to go get the ramp myself. Finally got someone to notice me snooping around in the shop after hours. They finally found a ramp and helped me load it. I don't know why they lied to me about the guy's pickup, but it really got to me. Not sure what to do now. Anyhow, its sitting in the garage. I forgot to check how many miles were on it when I took it there- but any way, my temp tags expire in 2 days- over memorial day weekend. I hope no one notices til I can get new ones on tuesday.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well at least you got your bike back and that is good :thumbsup:

It is really really hard to tell over the internet, and as you pointed out earlier, hard to tell in person what is really going on in these types of situations. Pick up could have had a broken axle, the guy could have flown out of town on a plane, people might have been rushing to hit the road for the long weekend... really tough to tell. Sometimes it takes a long time to find these things out.
  19. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

The guy who owned the pickup said Oh, Hi shane! As he was working on a cummins diesel. Don't know what he was doing, but he was definitely there, and I was lied to either way. Doesn't really matter why- just tell me the damn truth and I can deal with it. I DID appreciate him telling me 3-4 weeks for the shop when husky told him 3 weeks. Too bad it took 3 + 4 weeks.