1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 08' Cr 125 Spark Arrestor Idea

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by traskrider, Apr 5, 2009.

1. traskrider Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi, had an idea for a spark arrestor (mandatory where i ride), how about a stainless steel screen/mesh cone or some sort of screen in the stock silencer?, i believe i could pull apart the silencer and fab up something, so at least if they checked i would have a screen in there.
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good idea, but if you get stopped and checked the only thing to save your butt is the "USFS Approved" stamped into the side.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That type is for 4 strokes and will clog on 2 strokes. Get a after market FMF or something. :thumbsup:
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Or buy my stock WR exhaust for $40 :D

Otherwise I think a Turbine Core II is the only option.
  5. traskrider Husqvarna
    B Class

so will a stock wr spark arrestor/muffler fit a stock cr 125 pipe?, or will it take some mods, which it sounds like blue has done to a stock spark arrestor for his cr?
  6. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know mine will fit a stock pipe because I took the stock bottom off of a CR silencer and put it on the WR sparky. But I also run the FMF Turbine Core exhaust on my 08.
  7. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

pipes are the same. I would really like to get the thing out of my garage so if you want it let me know and we can meet in the TSF if that is easy for you. I should let you know though that even the stock WR silencer does not have a usfs stamp. It says the type of spark arrestor (kizmen or something like that) and it is obviously a spark arrestor. I have never heard of anyone with a WR being questioned but that is the way they are.

The FMF is a direct bolt on also if you decide to go that route.
  8. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You are absolutely correct, the USFS stamp is on my FMF silencer.

My stock one says "This CAGIVA Exhaust system meets US EPA noise emission requirements of 80 dBA."
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    It's strange that the WR come with spark arrestors, but they are not stamped for USFS approval. Guess they didn't have time and/or patience for US qualification :excuseme:

I've never been checked in the Burn. Only down at EFR for race events and they only do the 'stick in the hole' trick.

Anyway, 2 strokes dont throw flames. That's their valve laden brothers whom do that.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My stock 2006 TE250 is not stamped USFS approved spark arrestor, but is listed in the owners manual as USFS approved.

I've not found any reference to needing the stamp on the muffler and every ranger I've asked looked confused about needing a stamp on the muffler - they only use the stick method.
  11. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

While riding in Marquette, MI for the national enduro last year they would not let me pass without the "stamp" on it. Luckily I brought my stock exhaust with me. They even double checked at the start and if you swapped it out you could not start until you put the stamped sparky back on.
  12. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

blue, which silencer are you running? I called FMF and they said they only have a fatty pipe for -06 (but this will work for my 08 as I read on here) but they dont have a silencer...
  13. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    They do have a spark arrestor the turbinecore 2.
    Part number for the fatty is 025092 and for the silencer(TCII) 025094.
  14. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah what he said!!! Thanks Surfer!
  15. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

:) Pipe/silencer are on order. Got my stabilizer on along with my bark busters this past weekend... all I have left is suspension, but that will be a while before I get to it.