07' te610 fried wiring harness

Discussion in '610/630' started by ze666ra, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ze666ra Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 te610
    Hi guys, I am new here and to huskys. The other day while riding my bikes headlight was flickering i thought that was funny, maybe the plug was loose so I checked it and made sure it was seated correctly and it seemed to have fixed the problem. Then the other day headlight started flickering, and then a small puff of smoke came out from beneath the speedo/ display and everything on the screen went blank like it was off, and the bike was still running, I got it back home and turned it off and then tried to turn the key and nothing. I checked the fuse and it was not only blown but the whole wire and fuse was melted. I pop off the headlight housing and found all of the wires that were in the same bundle as the head light melted with no jackets. I figured just getting a whole new wiring harness would be the easiest route, but after searching the internet and calling dan from motoxotica in Vacaville,CA I learned its not that easy. I have found 08' sm610 harnesses on ebay but wanted to know if you guys had any tips or suggestions on what years parts are more compatible and things of that nature. Any help is greatly appreciated, Cheers! Jonny FullSizeRender.jpg
  2. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Shouldn't be that hard to replace that section, cut back on each side and solder and heat shrink new section.
    Been there done that, not on that model though.