07 Sm610 Issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Alex B, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Alex B Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 636 17 Z125
    Well first off hello, my name is alex and I am from NY
    I recently acquired a 2007 SM610

the bike has some issues, some of which are ok and I can deal with them (small oil drip on occasion)
    it had some wiring issues when I got it, the dash would flicker on and off when turning hard I looked and the PO fixed some wires tapped the headlight into something else couple burnt up wires, I replaced anything that had visible damage. Bike ran and rode great no problems, fast forward a couple months later... I come home from holiday go to hop on the bike and ride away it fires up like normal running excellent I go in the house come out see the REAR running light is not on, ok whatever Ill ride something else, I made a new tail light bracket got a new light and put it on still nothing , continuity on the wiring for the running light power is good front to back I found that the power for the fuse up front behind the headlight was non existent unless I turned the ignition to the third position or I supplied it power(yellow/red iirc) I made a quick jumper harness the light came back on no problem at all put the bike together 100% I got ready to ride plugged the headlight in the bike dies , I unplugged the headlight bike fired right back up, found a crossed wire cut it and now It will not fire, pulled the plug no spark.. bought a new coil after testing the old one and getting what I thought was bad readings I still have no spark before I tear into it is there anything anyone recommends?

is there anyone selling some parts that would work for my SM610?
    full wiring harness, hand control switches, cdi box, coil etc Im willing to literally replace everything or build my own wiring harness from scratch if I have to, most of the parts for this thing are a pita to get in usa but I want to ride this thing again!
  2. Alex B Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 636 17 Z125
    BUMP
    replaced wiring harness
    voltage rectifier
    kill switch
    coil
    still had 0 spark so I cut into the CDI and its burnt, crispy.

Someone please tell me they have a 2007 SM610 CDI box for sale
  3. somesuch Husqvarna
    AA Class

To bad you are on the other
    side or I'd buy your bike :)

Don't have an ignition box for sale, sorry
  4. Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 Honda Africa Twin
  5. Alex B Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 636 17 Z125
    I would love that link to check, the first one is still available but sadly incorrect as its for a 2008. I have been searching all over, found two sellers who had the exact unit I needed but they must not have wanted to deal with an American buyer or understood what I was asking lol