06 TE610e revamped

Discussion in '610/630' started by icebergstu, Apr 15, 2014.

1. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Well its been an ordeal...

A year or so ago I was having a few electrical issues with my big girl who had done about 30,000klm. I decided to re-wire the whole thing so purchased a new loom from the Legends at Halls Cycles.
    I bought a new starter switch, light switch and battery too.

This was it's previous state:

[IMG] [IMG]

Will continue later with the thread...gotta work!
  2. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    After re wiring the bike which was a simple process we fired it up a and I took it for a test ride which lasted about 20klm.

It came to a halt. No spark. I checked everything from top to bottom and determined that it was the CDI. I swapped the new CDI out for the old one and went for another ride. Rode about 200klm then stopped at a friends house. A couple of hours later I tried to start it to go home and it wouldn't go...no spark again.

Again went through every wire in the bike and determined that the CDI had fried again!!! At $300 a pop...This was getting expensive but I ordered another one and unfortunately had to wait ages for it to come from Italy.

I took the bike into Trev Otto Racing and he determined that the cause had to be coming from the new starter switch so he bypassed it with some electrical ingenuity. Eventually the new CDI came and was installed and the bike was running again.

The bike was finished just before a huge event and even though I have a perfectly good WR300, I decided to take the 610 anyway. I just love this bike!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Even got to tow a broken KTM back from a ride....

[IMG]

[IMG]

The whole ride report is here if you are interested...

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112035

SO I now have my beautiful 610 back in its ultra reliable state and couldn't be happier. These bikes truly are one of the best dual sport bikes ever produced!

Stu
  3. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice. Glad to hear that you got your issues ironed out.
    icebergstu likes this.
  4. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

Great post, thanks for posting this. I agree best DS ever!