1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'04 and up SM450/510R ignition trigger coil availabile seperate?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by guscycle, Mar 22, 2021.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    I recently lost spark and went through and tested components( also eliminated kill switch from series) and I am getting an OpenLoop [no continuity] reading on my trigger coil(pulse coil). Does anyone know what the values should be? ...most are usually around 200 ohm or 500 ohm. I know the stator and coil are within' spec but service manual doesn't list the trigger coil specs for some reason??? Anyone know if you can purchase a trigger coil seperate? Haven't heard back from RMSTATOR yet
  2. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    trigger2.jpg UPDATE: I spent a lot of time researching because of lack of input but to help others in need that have an '04 SM450/510R here's what I found: .. The Pulser/Trigger/Pick-up Coil (whatever you want to call it) for part# 800091977 stator assembly is 100 ohm +/- 20% and is the same one KTM uses on 07 450XC (AND OTHER MODELS using the KOKUSAN 4K-3B ignition. However ,since KTM spec has a seperate connector for their trigger coil, you will have to cut the plug lead off and resolder the red/green wires to the Husky connector. I also fed the red/green wires back through the ignition harness were the originals did. There is a rubber grommet at the case cover but you can pull the old red/green wires out and install the new wires through those existing holes.
    Of course you should always check all your ignition components prior to this and these coils rarely go out but if you find your trigger coil readings between red and green are open( no continuity) or out of spec as indicated, or show that they are completely grounded, this will save from buying an ignition that is currently unavailable. trigger1.jpg View attachment 103997 View attachment 103997
    rancher1, tntmo and Eoin like this.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice work!
  4. tntmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch of others.
    Good to hear you got it figured out. I was wondering if the ignition coil was same/similar to others. Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith on something like this and make it happen.
  5. riccardo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hsq 510 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hi, does the pick up coil fit on 2010 510 smr? Because I used to know that the stator is different from the latest models (09-10)
  6. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ..Sorry for the delay... I started looking around and so far only know the stator is different...The pick up coil (or called trigger coil,pulse coil) on Kokusan ignitions ran a 100 ohm or 200 ohm pick-up...most Euro apps that I have found are 100 ohm.Give Ricks Motorsport Electrics a call at: 1 800 521-0277 ,they should be able to further identify correct one. If I find anything else out ,I will let you know.
    BTW, try and find any manufacture name and numbers on unit ,should be stamped on flywheel- mine was a Kokusan 4K-3B
    rancher1 likes this.
  7. riccardo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hsq 510 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hi, a few weeks ago i wrote about the pick up coil for 510/450 models. At the end, it's the same sensor for all the models... the only thing you have to check are ohm, because the value can change for some bike. But according to the label that i linked on that thread, you will be able to find the right sensor