.002,,,,could it be?

Discussion in '610/630' started by tlking6, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Valve lash at .003 In and .005 Exh.

Well here I go. I set my bike up with .003 In and .005 EXH using a feeler gage. The as found clearance was .013 plus with 3700 miles on the engine. The engine runs fine and now has about 500 miles on this adjustment. Will let you guys know how it works out. The cam chain tensioner checked out fine and is a very simple device. Photo shows mine in the extended position.
    [IMG]

Here ia an alternate method to adjust the valves without the use of a feeler gage: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. However, this procedure was given to me by someone who uses it daily.
    At TDC of course, loosen the adjuster lock nut so the adjuster screws can be turned with a very small screw driver. Without gage, tighten both adjusters of the same valve set using just light force from two fingers only on the small screw driver. Get all the slack out and no more. Back off adjuster screw 1/4 turn and hold while tightening the lock nut. Given that the pitch on the adjuster screws is .75 MM this method would give you .005" to .007" clearance.
    Flynn likes this.