1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zyp Tie Oil Drain back system for TE250?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Alberto, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Does Zyp Tie make one for the TE250? year 11..

Whats the price if they have one for the 250?
  2. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    Drain back kit is only needed on 310 due to higher crank case pressure caused by the larger bore and stroke. The volume displaced under the piston is much greater with the 310 than the 250 and caused the higher presser and need for the extra oil breather lines from the drain plug and fill plug.

The 250 does not need this but you can put it on if you want. The 310 kit would fit no issue, but not required.
  3. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Thats good to know, I was not aware of this.. (Just thinking) If I put one of these on a 250, would it help by extending engine's life or in any other way would it provide benefits in the long term to justify the cost?
  4. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I do not believe it would help in any way unless you had excessive blow by which means you need a rebuild anyway. At this point it would reduce your oil consumption but only cover up the real issue for a bit longer.
    When using this kit, a new drain plug where a hose is connected is used. That hose then connects from the rear screen drain plug to the fill plug. The stock 250 uses normal plugs.

I say there are 2 reasons not to add it on a 250 x lite.
    1. Adding the drain back kit adds this hose that could be ripped off and drain engine oil causing more harm than good.

2. Makes adding oil without a syringe a pain in the butt. The drain back kit add a bit of complexity to the simple task of adding oil.

But as long as the hose stays in place it can't hurt.
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You can add the new drain back kit, it would remove that pesky hose at the bottom of your engine and make oil changes a little easier. The new kit is a banjo mount and oil can be poured in directly.
  6. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    T
    Tinken, besides making the oil changes easier, is there any major benefit to the engine as it does for bigger engines such as 449/511?

Can you please post an image of the kit(if you have one)
  7. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I see.. I dont see major benefits on having this on a 250.. it does not seem to worth it.. thanks for the info.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  9. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Thank you Tinken..
  10. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Just noted I wrote ZipTy on this thread's title incredibly wrong(I put ZypTie) my apologies..:banghead: :doh: like a donkey with a computer..