1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

ZipTy Racing Clutch bushing mod. (for X-Lite 250/310)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by robertaccio, Nov 16, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Value added mod. My clutch was getting more and more jerky upon engagement. The issue is in the cush drive bushing betwwen the floating drive gear and the clutch basket. The X-Lite engines with their high operating temps cause the bushings to become hardened thus eliminating the cushion effect the new bushings. ZipTy Racing dissambles the basket/gear /backing plate assembly and installs the exact same dimension bushings that are constructed of a more durable higher temp rated material. ZipTy sent me back the removed bushings and they are as hard as hard plastic can be, with cracks in the high stress areas. Also noted was that I did have @.25 in free play before the mod, now the gear to basket free play is 0. So for a little over $100 bucks I have a return to smooth clutch action on my MY11 TE310 (dont know the hours but she's got about 1700 miles of hard riding)
    Tinken and ray_ray like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I forgot to mention after installing newly threaded screws Ty stakes (with a drift punch) the screw tails in place so they will not unscrew themselves.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sort of good that you get a warning with the clutch feel as that bushing wears out ..

Think that bushing will finally snap and maybe lock the engine if this is not changed before it gets too hard?
  4. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I am also thinking of this or the New Rekluse basket with replaceable bushings. At the end of the season I will see how my clutch basket is holding up and decide from there.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    nope cant happen. they are contained inside the backing plate, they just add (street bike type) cush drive from the primary drive and clutch basket junction (look at the parts catalog).

Ty sent back my stock bushings they are rock hard (they should be flexible) and have cracks in all the stress spots.
    We did a hardcore/fast hard test ride yesterday with my crew (one former ISDE competitor), the clutch is suberb and super smooth, just like new.
    Also Ty filed the basket fingers to smooth out the plate caused grooves for smooth plate motion (like when new)
    Also Also, Ty chamfered both ends of the basket bronze plain bearing to allow better oil flow into the bearing.
    ZipTy Racing attention to detail, "You Can't Fake Fast"