ZipTy Racing at BITD Parker 250 Tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Bobby, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Hey gang,

Word is the 2009's will be racing in the Best In The Desert "Parker 250" this weekend. If you're out that way keep an eye out for them and of course if not check out the results of the race probably here http://www.bitd.com/main/

GO HSQ
  2. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the heads up.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

From what i have been told it is Brent Harden teamed up with Nic Burson on a Husky 510 .Factory backed Huskys are BACK in the desert again .Just wait until Jan 27 if all goes as planned i have heard
    Zip Ty racing and the gang will be at the first National Hare and Hound
    in Luceren .All the local Husky riders /racers should try to come and support the return of Team Husky to the Desert
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tye has won that race in the past. I was passed by him at Parker in '02, the dude was flying!

He later broke down, then went backwards on the course for a few miles. The race organizer DQed him for the year!

This is the first time since then Tye has been to a BITD race. To say there are some 'passions' at Parker would be an understatement....

Sadly this economy has me sidelined. Gotta just watch from afar.

Go Husky guys, Go!

I am certain they will win by 5-10 minutes. And then i will send an email to some Honda guys i know.....:thumbsup:
  5. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Just heard from Mark Brady, HSQ took 2nd in class and 3rd overall on a pretty much stock off the truck bike and no steering damper from what I gather.
  6. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  7. mxer74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What kind of silencer are they running in that pic? I can see a company's logo on the silencer (i.e. FMF, Pro Circuit, etc.) and the end cap doesn't look like stock. Also, it doesn't look like Akro or Leo so I am wondering if there is someone else out there making systems? Just curious.
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im betting its an Uptite pipe. :thumbsup:

Third overall on a new bike and a new program is awesome. Way to go guys!
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Jardine has been a ZipTy staple of late.
  10. HuskyT Moderator

I rode last Friday all day with Rick May's ride group ( owner of Jardine) at Ocotillo Wells He told me that he had one of Ty's bikes in his shop building an exlusive new Jardine system for it last week. Everyone it that ride group had a Jardine on their bike.... I was the odd man out with Procircuit on mine.

He has a really cool Prototype Head pipe with significant sound reduction for CRF 150s that is running at about 93 Db with a wide open race can..... truly out of the conventional box design.... My riding buddy had the prototype on his 12 year old kids bike......

T