Zip Tye Racing did my suspension...what a difference!!

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by dave lindsey, Sep 11, 2014.

1. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    I have a 2013 YZ250 smoker...my bike came with the SSS KYB forks and they were very good out of the box. They were stiff...but good.

Now I have always gotten my suspension done for my ability etc. 58 Years young...intermediate trail rider...and have raced District 37 Desert in the past.

Well the bike is so awesome to ride. Ty nailed it. And the one thing that I wanted to share was that he recommended that I put the Marzocci 48 PFP cartridges in as an upgrade. Right away I'm thinking no way!! But Tye said that even though the SSS are real good...for trail riding or open desert the Marzocci PFP cartridges can't be beat. He was right!! He told me that if I didn't like...he would do the SSS KYB's for free. I went for it...based on his recommendation... (he uses them too)

If anyone is on the fence about getting the suspension done...just do it. In MY opinion its the most beneficial modification one can do.

Thanks Zip Tye!!! Hope to see you soon.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice!!! great suspension makes all the difference in the world. Best upgrade you can do period.

Nailed my Te511 too. That thing glides through everything. My fiends ride it and are amazed.
    LandofMotards and robertaccio like this.
  3. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    Thanks for the review, Just looking into shipping mine accross the boarder now.
    Have had difficulty shipping this sort of stuff in the past but I'm hopefull...
    If all else fails I'll just have to drive it down myself.
  4. mtdirtbag Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 300RR
    Care to share what the cost of this upgrade is?
  5. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    I got a real good deal...went through Tinken...just get with him...
    Motosportz likes this.