1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zip Ty Vent Review

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by PawPaw, Oct 20, 2014.

1. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Ok, I had a Zip Ty vent sent to me for my 2013 TC449. just the kit without the recovery unit.
    I installed it as per the instructions and it fit well and was easy to install. I then created a rerouting of the vent hose to more closely match the Honda CRF450R routing after plugging the OEM vent with the supplied rubber plug. The Honda routing places a "T" in the vent line and uses a clear dropped line that is plugged to catch any blown by oil. After doing so I changed the engine oil and added exactly 1250cc of Shell Rotella T6 5w40 oil. I also cleaned the air filter.
    I then rode the bike on and MX track this past weekend and put a total of 5 hours on it via the hour meter. After which I washed the bike and then examined the air filter. It was spotless with absolutely no oil blown on to it. The oiling of the air filter was the norm when the OEM vent was used and was very frustrating. I then checked the clear catch tube in the vent system and found no oil in it either. So in short the system worked great!
    Thank you ZIP TY racing!

Paw Paqw
    Tinken likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm doing the same thing, vent with no bottle and having great results. Nice product for sure.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Glad it worked for you. I bought the vent early on, but once Tinken and started takling about his recovery system, I just had to have the whole thing. Fashion and function was the thing that sold me! However the breather is truly the big score for long life and more oil capacity.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    :thumbsup: Thanks guys