1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zip-Ty Computer Mod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Savannan, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Hello everyone,

When I bought my bike new(June 2013), the ONLY thing I got with it was the USB manual. I've read online that the dealership was soposta give me a "plug in chip" for Race Map II...After reading some threads on here the "Plug in Chip" is nothing more than a jumper to get Race Map II. Installed a jumper and YEP, Race Map II....Kick Ass.

(Fast forward to now)

Since then I installed a FMF PC4 Exhaust and now tonight just received my upgraded computer with BMW Race Map III from Zip-Ty.

I installed the computer but when I removed the jumper, I get a "FAIL" on the speedo cluster. If I install the jumper I get the normal readout with "Race Map II"

From what I gather, there are 2 banks of maps that this computer can hold. Can I assume that Zip-Ty overwritten Bank #1 (no jumper) and left Bank #2 (Jumperd) alone hence the "FAIL" message on bank #1???????

I can't take the bike out right now to test drive to see the difference in power between maps due to ice on the roads and no insurance.

I'm not mad or disappointed by any which way, but just wondering if this "FAIL" message is normal for the BMW Race Map #3...??????

Thanks,
    Sav
  2. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Forgot to say : I have a 2013 TE449
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    No one at their shop?
  4. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    When I purchased this Mod, I did call them and wanted some questions answered. One of being which, should I or shouldn't I use the jumper. I got some lady on the phone and she said that "DAN" (forgive me if this is the wrong name) isn't in and she took my number down for him to call back. I never got a call back. I understand people are busy and people forget...Ohh well. I do that from time to time myself.

No, I haven't called them back yet. Just wanted some input from members on here that have done this mod. :D

Sav
  5. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    The 'map 3' is the set of maps, so both 'normal' and 'race map 2' should be there. the fail message is not expected.

Is your o2 sensor still connected?
  6. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Normal for me; my o2 sensor is disconnected is my explanation.
  7. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Nope, my O2 sensor is NOT connected...Its actually removed with a stubby bolt in its place.
    Tinken likes this.
  8. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Yeah, the non-jumpered map is looking for the O2 sensor, so that is why the fail message is displayed. race map 2 does not use the o2 sensor
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Correct. No real issue just ignore it.
    Tinken likes this.
  10. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Ok, been thinking about this more...

Maybe the "FAIL" message is DUE to my missing O2 Sensor on Bank #1. If that were the case, then bank #1 was never touched(Stock setting) because RaceMap II and III don't use the O2 Sensor.

So...When I install the O2 Sensor and the FAIL message goes off that means bank #1 is untouched and the programming must of been on bank #2 (jumperd)

I'll go check...

Sav.
  11. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    PROBLEM SOLVED

As the members here stated above, the FAIL message was indeed the lack of the missing O2 Sensor on Computer bank #1. So Zip-Ty must of re-written bank #2 which needs to be jumperd and doesn't use the O2 Sensor.

My theory on this is :

What Zip-Ty did is a very good thing by re-writing bank #2 instead on #1...Some states/counties require your ride to be tested every year for EPA regulations. By not erasing bank #1 (STOCK) you can slip on your stock exhaust/Connect your O2 and get tested and be good for another year, but if they were to re-write bank #1 with the upgraded Map, chances are that it wouldn't pass.

Thanks all for your input !! :cheers:

Sav
    bigmo likes this.
  12. Apri11 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 450 / 2013 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Aprilia RSV4
    Hmmm, seems a common problem. I had ordered an oil recirculation kit in August. No replies for the last 2 months, over 4 months later no delivery.....
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Sorry for the inconvenience Savannan and Apri11. We are extremely busy at the shop and the lady who took your message is very new. I am most always available here to answer any questions you may have.

As for the remapping, I actually remapped your ecu. Map #3 is a set of maps with mode A and B. Jumper out is map A and the jumper in is map B. Most people run with the jumper in or map mode B. Map mode A is a leaner map made for street higher mpg usage. Because it is leaner, it will tend to flame out when trail riding. I recommend leaving the jumper in and running map mode B until you feel comfortable otherwise.

The fail message is normal, please ignore it and continue running with your sensor plug installed.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha

Apri11, your order is first on my list. Our tanks are coming in this week and you will be receiving one with the new design and oil return that does not interfere with the oil fill plug or your exhaust system. Depending on when they come in this week, I will get it out to you around Friday or Monday.
  15. Savannan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Thanks Tinken for the input ! :thumbsup:

When you remapped bank A and you say you get better fuel economy using that bank....is that a better mapping of the original bank A that came stock with the bike or is that a tweaked version of bank B?

Just wondering...

Thanks man.
    Sav
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Map#3 ---> Mode A is slightly more powerful than the stock map mode B. It is leaner, hence better miles per gallon and will flame out on the trail, but not so much on the street. I cut my pigtail and added a switch on my handlebars. The bike must be powered off and lights turned off before switching maps this way.
  17. Apri11 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 450 / 2013 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Aprilia RSV4
    Tinken, thank you for your reply, though this is the 1st I've been told. Apologise for hijacking this thread Savannan.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha