1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Your opinion on the 09 300 2t Husky wanted

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

My local dealer has a great offer on old stock, being a new 09 Husky 300.

I have an 07 KTM 300 EXC atm and was wondering how these 2 bikes compared to each other.

I did have a 09 510 Husky which was super reliable but cant say the forks were that forgiving.

How is the suspension/reliability/jetting issues on the 09 2T?
    Performance, parts availability (larger tank, pipes)?

Any info appreciated :)
    Cheers
    s
    :thumbsup:
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I have been riding just such a bike for a month now. Clarke has a 3.7 gallon tank that I use and like. Dont know about pipes but see no reason to switch. Technology is shared with 250 and has been around a while. No shortage of parts/accessories.

I consider the 300 a great improvement over the 08 Honda CRF450X I was previously riding.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi! I have a 300 2010. I have the Kayabaforks on mine and like them, but it seems like many prefer to revalve the marzocchis. My bike has been bulletproof. Nothing has broken. I really like the stability in ruts compared to the KTM 300. Says my friend too who has the KTM. The WR 300 feels slightly larger, i am 175cm short, but i cut the seat 1 inch and removed the steering bar raisers, and now it´s perfect. The best mod i did was to change the carb to the Keihin PWK AS 38mm with jetting kit or Keihin EEL needle. Big difference. Easier to jet and less sensitive to weatherchanges. Skidplate(Hyde racing), an alloy pipeguard and MecaSystem radiator protectors is also fitted. I will definately buy a Husky again!

Johnny:sweden:
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Way different bike than a modern KTM smoker IMO. Feels larger, slower steering, more stable and old school style. Good things IMO!

My buddy has a 09' Katoomer 300 and I find it less than impressive. Feels small, twitchy and lethargic once on the gas (it barks good off idle though). The Husky is not hurting in the power dept (at least past 1/3 throttle), but still makes great traction and doesn't tire you out like a mx'er. Frame geometry and suspension (I got the 09' with the Zokes/Sachs) are almost perfect for me. It's a tad tall for my 5' 9" frame, but I cant really touch on any bike so its a non-issue.

I really like mine. It's not going anywhere.
  5. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    I love my 300, got my jetting close but not perfect.
    I'm 165-170 Lbs, the suspension works great, after it's broken in.
    I have found the front was getting a little harsh when the forks warmed up, speedbleeders fixed that.
    I modded my head which added lots more power, it pulls hard off idle.
    So much that although I ride alot of snotty singletrack, I still went up 1, to a 14T on the front sprocket.
    This spreads out the gearing a little, I have not needed the 13T since.
    Make sure there is a clamp on the lower water pump hose.
    Mine was missing and I noticed it missing in some of the early press photos.
    You can see it missing between the pipe and waterpump in this pic.

Attached Files:

6. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Flyin,what mods did you do to the head? Just shaved to raise compression?
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was just down at Bill's Husky (BMP) and he said they just dropped the price on the '09 models again. I know he has two '09 WR250s left.
  8. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    i love my wr300, i was tossin up between it and a ktm 300. And i felt much more comfortable on the husky and i felt it was a better ride, the front end on the kato is to twitchy at speed or over corrugations.

Im 6foot tall and i find the husky is pretty tall.