Your Electric DS bike is here...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they are definitly well on their way ( all the E-bike pioneers)
  3. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

funky stylin ... looks like a dirt bike with messed up sportbike fairing grafted on. Seems like they are trying to keep the radiator shroud styling of modern dirtbikes. I bet they would have better luck if they developed a modern interpetation of the old school air cooled look. No rad ... no rad shrouds needed
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I agree with Skid. It's got no radiators, so show that off with a radiator-less design. You're buying that bike because it's NOT the same old liquid cooled combustion engine. Why make it look like it is?

I would definitely consider one of those once the range is worked out. And once you can plug in while you're eating lunch on your DS ride.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I can't seem to find the outlet where I DS. :excuseme:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Nope, not over here...

[IMG]
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Exactly my point! Nice photos!
  7. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I guess you'll have to take that smoky old diesel generator with you when you hit the trail with the e-bike! ;)

Those Zero's certainly have the tech, but the styling isn't quite there yet. I read a pretty favourable review of one in TBM recently and the only real downsides seem to be the endurance (approx 45 minutes) and the price of a replacement battery (£2300 IIRC - that's about $3800, but it'll be cheaper in the States - everywhere's cheaper than the UK!). Say 500 cycle battery life, that's 375 hours as a very rough guess.

Still, this is bleeding edge technology, so as it becomes more commonplace the price should fall and performance will improve.
  8. Vegas Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funky sudo supermoto rear tire and a knoby in the front
  9. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Until fuel cells, flux capacitor or cold fusion is perfected, I think a hybrid solution might be the best answer.
    Example; A high performance motor along with a small combustion engine to delivery average power and super capacitors to provide peek power and recover braking energy. With the correct motor there would be no need for gears and the possibilities are endless for features like traction control or perfect wheelie mode. It would also be simple to add a small motor to the front wheel for improved cornering.

Maybe I can get some Stimulus money before everyone takes it for building $3 million turtle road crossings.:busted: