1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st You know you're a die hard 2 stroke fan when..

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Sep 6, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Every time I read a post about problems with valves, timing chains, fuel pumps, electronic mapping, top end rebuilds that cost $1,000 + The first thing that comes to my mind is "You should have bought a 2 stroke." The other instances fall in the category of (My bike fell over and I can't pick it up). I know my thoughts are biased since I'm a die hard 2 stroke fan and yes I've heard all the up side arguments for a 4 stroke and some have merit but still I think that some day all the 4 stroke owners will have that "I could have had a V8" moment and switch to a 2 stroke. :)
    kevmack and hogwackr like this.
  2. kevmack Husqvarna
    A Class

i find its all down to what bike you learn on..i deliberately avoided the word "age" ha ha Most of my former dirtbike buddies [same age] all grew up on the 2stroker//we learned to love the POWERband and took for granted the lightweight. I have only one mate who learned to ride way after all of us and went staight onto 4bangers and bought a exc400...we have over the years let him have a go on our bikes and he cant stand the "squirelly"!! nature of them and in his own words likes to be "planted"...by squirelly he means loose-and it totally freaks him out..and yes his nickname is "planted" especially as we all moan at how heavy his bike is when he gets stuck..OR i might have underestimated him..cos we sort our own bikes out and he always gets help!!..
    ps we all luv the 2stroke sound and this has caused a few arguements between the 4bangers, I have a dep doorchime [yes the exhaust company] at my house and it has the 2stroke and 4stroke sounds- set to the 2 obviously and boy does it sound great!!
    I have had a flirt with a Yam wr 450 and found it a much easier ride-but the weight and the worry of what the heck could go wrong with it/cost to repair an engine i'v no interest in/ and it never,ever gave me that smile under my lid when you hit your fav trail and shift perfectly up thorough the gears to that sweeeeet sond of 2stroke!!
  3. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

4. kevmack Husqvarna
    A Class

5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I still love the ring dingers the best. They make the best power for any situation. Four stroke riders always think that the two strokes have to be revved to get anything out of them, forgetting about observed trials bikes and cross country enduro bikes, I guess. I think of two stroke power as both instant and smooth at the same time. I use that Motorex Crosspower in mine and they smell as good as anything around when they are firing sweetly away. Was at the big Marty Tripes vintage race over the weekend. Boy, did that ever sound and smell good.:thumbsup:
    Gotlabs and lankydoug like this.
  6. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I tried the thumper wagon for about 2 yrs, swithced back and highly doubt I'll own another 4 stroke again. Nothing like pulling up to the line at a hare scramble and seeing a cloud of smoke! I find it sexy when my wife says "I like the smell of 2 stroke exhaust". Another sign is when my daughter (she just started racing a month ago) asked me what does "braaaap" mean? When I told her it was the sound that four strokes make, she said "That's kinda cheesy".
    Dirtdame likes this.
  7. kevmack Husqvarna
    A Class

I was going to comment on the sweet smell as well...do you chaps in the good ol'US of A get ipone oils?? Over here they sell one which when running the 2strokers give out a smell of strawberries
    good from a distance-but best remember the carbon monoxide etc [pollutants] coming out the silencer b4 sticking your nose too close!!!
    my fav is still Castrol R.....
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hate to say it but I am thinking about getting a 2012 tc250. My 2008 cr 144 has been a great bike but after hearing how the 2012 tc250 has so many engine upgrades this year and was already great handling I find it hard to buy new cr with same motor as I got. Plus after riding buddys 250f they are alot of fun. I will just keep my cr144 anyways.
  9. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Well Doug, I do drive a a V8 5.4L Ford ute ( pick up) with a few HP mods in Australia. I started out riding several 2T as a kid. And then went on to ride several 4t. The thing that I have discovered is the 4T is a good thing and much eazier to ride. However, I have gone back to my roots to ride a 2T knowing this is where it all started
  10. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    I run Motorex too....and sometimes have to run the bike in the winter just for the pleasing aroma......as I wait for spring to
    arrive. The only thing missing is the smell of churned up humus soil mixed in. There should be a cologne for us guys...."2 Stroke for Men"
    A hint of Motorex with a whiff of Golden Spectro.....

My real favorite however, is Polaris' top of the line synthetic 2st for snowmobiles.....it even says on the bottle that it's scented.
    I like the way the smell clings to my jacket in the winter........and the rolling eyes it produces amongst the female members of
    my household when I roll in...:D
  11. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Thats funny. Myself, I cant stand riding near a 2t bike. The smoke gags me. When I was a kid I loved it though.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Ha Ha, I sometimes turn around and ride back where I just came from so I can get a whiff of 2T aroma.
  13. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    :lol:
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    When you get a spooge ring from the end of your silencer on your shirt!
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Most of the guys here are on 2t and here is the blue smoke to prove it ... Sometimes I'm lost on the maze of trails here but can usually follow the smoke\smell to pick the right trail\direction to go ....

Attached Files:

dartyppyt likes this.
  16. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

lankydoug likes this.
  17. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    When you start your bike after a long layoff and smoke out the garage....the the whole house cos a window is open...:D
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It's not just the smokey exhaust smell, the smell of premix fuel on my hands brings me back to my youth when I enjoyed time in the garage tinkering with suspension, tires and jetting.
  19. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    castor base smells great