You have to be kidding!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by HuskyMax, Oct 19, 2009.

1. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I think they look pretty cool. I like the price too. Too bad they'll fall apart like wet toilet paper as soon as they're put to some use out in the dirt.:lol:
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

What’s funny is that the picture has marking so you can’t copy it :lol::banghead::lol::bonk::lol:
    Some people (or is it nations…?) have no shame :devil:

:thumbsdown:
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

That's awful. They didn't think enough about Husky to copy us.:cry:
    I feel so left out, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:lol:
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Well, at least you can't get into too much trouble on one their bikes. They only make about 14 hp. I'd like to toodle around on the KTM version just to tick off the KTM riders in the area.:lol:
  7. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Really good riders know that Mtm is like two letters better than Ktm.
  8. rajobigguy Administrator

Manchurian Trail Machine

vs.

K-Mart Trail Machine
  9. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did anyone else notice that MTM has actually beaten KTM by going to a linked rear shock. That is too damn funny!!!

NC
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    this kind of crap is serious folks,,,,,lets not buy into their BS.
    Buy fair, in copyrights, in labor practice, enviro regs ....and pay more but keep it real up in the field.
  11. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think anyone takes their bikes seriously. Maybe as a beginners bike but no serious trail rider would buy one of those.

NC
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    What happens when you need parts? Pep-boys, AutoZone, Napa? HA, HA, HA,
  13. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I would take them very seriously. Take a look at the massive leap in quality these bikes have made in a very short time.

I know ppl in my area that own a chinese bike and think they are great...for the price.

China will be selling very good bikes within the next 5 years IMO
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    That is the exact same thing people used to say about those newfangled Japanese bikes...

WoodsChick
  15. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

KTM dealers... Wal-Mart?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I wonder if the MTM really comes with oval wheels. Must be some advanced variable traction design.

As for taking them seriously it is time. Look how far Hyundi has come. From near yugo to near honda quality. Korea and China are on the march. Really this is our issue though, we need to change our insane trade policies. Not only are they not fair but we are being sold stuff littered with materials we find toxic and made by slave labor. It should not be allowed in the country. We abolished slavery a long time ago and should not buy from anyone still employing slaves / kids. EZ to turn a blind eye towards when you can't see it. Unfortunately EVERYTHING is being outsourced to these manufactures, including BMW / Husky.

Very much past the time for new trade policies even if we have to give up cheap crap to get there.
  17. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

:confused:

I think you have been watching too much US media. There has been a big push by US interests in recent years to create a very poor image of Chinese products in order to hurt the Chinese machine. China owns 25% of the US foreign debt ($800 Billion). Very bad situation for the US government. So a smear campiagn was launched recently in order to try to get US consumers to force US manufacturers to no longer produce products in China. If a large portion of US companies stopped manufacturing operations in China it would hurt their economy. That recent lead ban act was one such measure. Does anyone know how many products have lead in them? I bet nobody does....but how many ppl now think that most products made in China have lead in them?? How many US consumers will now not buy any product with the "Made In China" stamped because of the recent "news" stories. Why are these "stories" coming out now? Have Chinese manufacturers all of a sudden started adding lead to the products they build? Chinese made products were ok when China only owned 13% of US foreign debt but not now ;)

I think ppl really need to open their eyes to what China is really about and not just take what you hear on the "news" as reality. Some of it may be true but it could also be a very small snapshot of the whole story.

Chinese manufacturers will be supplying some very good bikes soon and I say good for them.
  18. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Lead

About the Lead thing, you can consume more lead in candy from Mexico then trying to lick it off a bike. But yet, I see no ban on Mexican Candy. :doh: :thumbsup:
  19. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Mexico only owns 0.81% of the US foreign debt :D
  20. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good point but I was thinking about today.

NC