Yet another fatbar conversion thread

Discussion in 'TR650' started by broadwayron, Sep 6, 2014.

1. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I'm trying to figure out all the options for a fatbar conversion, but I'm going to use a HDB top clamp, and don't want a riser as high as Rox or Powermadd. I know the distance between bolts needs to be 38-40mm. I'd prefer to not have to machine any spacers to make it work, because I don't even know where to have that done. Here's what I've found:

Outlaw Racing PP2604 (here) - (Edit) 21.5mm for the low clamps (close to stock) and 50mm for the high ones. But, will need to machine spacers.
    Motosportz - those looked perfect, but no longer made.
    Pro Taper Rubber mounts (here) - Not wild about rubber, and need to machine spacers.
    Zeta clamps (here) - (Edit) Wrong distance bolt to bolt = 41mm.
    HDB custom (here) - I could ask Paul to machine the bottom of their riser to remove the rise, but I'll leave that as a last resort.

Did I miss any?
  2. tweber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zippo
    Pro taper @Cycle gear...worked for me. image.jpg
  3. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I didn't consider those Pro Tapers because they aren't flat on the bottom. Does the bottom center part (which is rectangular) totally fit in the 18mm hole?
    I'm also not sure if they would work with a HDB top clamp, because they alter the left to right distance of the bolts. (The HDB top clamp is a solid piece, so the distance between the left and right side matters)...
    [IMG]
  4. tweber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zippo
    I didn't like the fit in the 18mm hole and made bottom flat. Holes line up ok i did drill them slightly larger and bottom was filed flat. They are no higher than (stock) thats the only downside. Not a bolt on but not hard to work....14000 miles on them and they never moved yet. image.jpg
  5. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    and they're cheap$