Yamaha YZ250FX and WR250F 2015 all "new"

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, Dec 22, 2014.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    The WR 250F looks really great. The question is can it be plated ? That is a huge thing for riders in our area.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Watch second video wrs have lights the yz f's dont so yes plateing thems fine
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I saw the lights but plating them in New Jersey is another story. It depends on what the paper work says on them. If it says for off use only, there ain't a chance of plating one.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but Yamaha just started selling these new models here ... I'm just not sure the isle of Japan is all that interested in being top honcho in the racing scene with bikes ... Never much said good or bad on the 4 companies so they appear to be running like well-oiled machines ...

I can see me on that 125 machine some day here ... I'll follow Mikkola lead and ride a Yamaha if I purchase a small bike to reduce the load on the Huskies.
    yama125.jpg serrow-250-2.jpg

--
    Yamaha is really about the top bike here on off-road stuff ... Both old and newer models. Just watch some of the WR video up to the 6 speed tranny ... Seems to me you gotta have a 6speed to be a serious woods\ offroading dirt bike ... These bikes have their own following and could tap SP with something if pushed some ...
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dangermouse449 and Clete like this.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Ahh thought it was a case of needed lights and noise level, didnt realise it was more indepth there.
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

Yep it's not just very easy to get a bike plated these days.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Well I would settle for a Cali green sticker. With the easy mapping of the ECU one could hope it would pass the test to certify and then be tuned to real off road readiness.
  10. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    The YZ250fx is what I believe the TXC 310 was. The perfect aggressive bike for off road.
    flyingbob likes this.
  11. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    It appears they class it as off road. They show the same 5 bikes for dual sport and adventure touring
    super tenere
    regular tenere
    wr250r
    xt250
    tw200
    I think they are a bit confused with dual sport vs dual purpose. There is no plate holder or signal lights that I can see. Side reflectors, mirrors, what else does one look for?
    http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelspecs/66/0/specs.aspx#
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Had a chance to throw my leg over a 15 FX yesterday. Felt like, well a Yamaha. Definitely low cg so felt light up top, but noticed that there's a weird thing I didn't really like, especially if one wanted to consider it as a race bike.

There is no gas cap until you turn a couple of Zeus clips and remove the panel that covers it. Now I get that it allows the rider to slide up to the triple clamp for better control, but if you need a gas stop for a hare scramble, or other long distance race, this would need to be addressed.

Also wanted to see a WR, but they didn't have one. Was able to confirm the FX will be red sticker and WR green sticky.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Not really the way it works! The Dzus fasteners hold the air filter cover on, the gas cap is covered by the removable portion of the front of the seat that is held in place by rubber push on grommets. Actually it's pretty sweet.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The bike handles better than any bike I've ridden. Like it is stuck to the ground. The oversize tank is below the seat and the quick fill will stay exposed in the same location as the stock cap. Talked with Paul Whibley about it and he told me it never was an issue like he thought it might be. Both of my sons say it would run away from the 2009 TXC250 we had. I guess we will see this year!!!
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    One of our crew is most likely getting the YZ250FX, looks to be tops.
    flyingbob likes this.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I like the easy air filter access. My new FE501 is easy too but I like that one way up high for obvious reasons. U-boat action upcoming.:thumbsup:
  16. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ahhh, good to know! Kinda odd, but diggin that it's the airbox cover! Honestly didn't look that closely.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Whibs opinion trumps 99.99999% of internet BS. (IMO)
  18. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The WR250F will be road legal here in Australia. (They had big developement input here & in the States, the two biggest markets of this model)
    The YZ250FX will be only in the 2 states that allow recriational registration.

The tunable EFI & the host of available YZ go-fast parts should make these a great bike.
    I'm keen to test them against a couple of the new for 2015 450s, like the Sherco 450SEF-R & Suzuki RMX450 as a replacement for my TE449.
  19. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Looking forward to your opinion on this. I've been a "450" man for quite a while but I'm starting to think that maybe "less" is "more".
    Dangermouse449, HuskyMax and jmetteer like this.
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    :)
    Yeah, I enjoy my 449s power & the torque on hills is great, but a lot of where we ride these days is more technical that flat-out fast.
    Yes we have forest roads to link together the 'good' bits but it isn't at 100% throttle 100% of the time.
    I haven't chased extra power for that reason, just improvements in ridability.

I think a well sorted 250F at the top of the enduro tree will likely suit better & hopefully Athena won't be too much longer making the inevitable 290 kit for the new motor..... :thumbsup:

I'll be sure to check back in when I get a ride on the WR. :)
    troy deck likes this.