1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Yamaha YZ250 vs. Husky WR300 vs. KTM 250 SX

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DrZero, Jul 29, 2010.

1. DrZero Husqvarna
    A Class

Anyone have experience with these three bikes in their near current configuration? I'm thinking that I'd like to get another two stroke. I'll keep my Husky 610 for Dual Sporting, but for trail riding, the dunes, and the desert the 2 strokes are still just great. I have a YZ450 that I've really liked, but it is a handful on trails, a bitch to start at times. It excels in the desert, but seemed less at home in the dunes than the old YZ-250 smoker from a decade ago.

I think the YZ-250 makes about 46 HP stock. Seems like even though the Husky is bigger it might not be as powerful, and a bit heavier too?
    On the other hand: there is no substitute for cubes?

From what I've seen of the Pumpkins the 250sx is more attractive to me than the 300s... maybe I don't get the whole enduro advantages?

My 450 can probably hit 85, but it's shaking and dancing a lot (on a dry lake) by the time it gets close, it's not something I'm comfortable doing for long.
  2. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    the yz may make more power but where in the rev range.

im positive the yz and sx are more top end orientated where as the wr has plenty low/mid end and a nice top end.

Up to you what you want, but you cant compare apples to oranges. You either want enduro or mx?
  3. rich300 Husqvarna
    C Class

I have had all three , the wr is much better woods bike ,but newer yz and sx are great and just need a mod or two ,LOVE MY WR300 .All three bike are great Im just a little faster on the wr in the woods .
  4. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a ktm 300 and a wr300 . Both are great bikes but I would give the nod to the Husky for all the varied terrain we have in the PNW.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. Coondog Husqvarna
    C Class

7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Troffer 88 could you please expand as to why you would give prefferment to the WR over the KTM (glad you do by the way). Thanks Mate.
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I have a YZ285 setup for off road racing, a bone stock kx250 and a wr300. I dont even consider the Kawi or Yami for woods riding. The WR is like a dream on the trails vs. either of the other 2.

Your local... invite yourself for a ride and test them out. I'll have the WR out at Diamond Mill tomorrow if you want to try it.
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really like my WR 300 when i compare it to the CR 250 Honda i had before. I know the Honda doesn´t exist as new anymore, but a pure motocross 250 is not even close to the WR 300 in the woods. Totally different powerdelivery and smoothness. I tried my friends KTM 300 EXC too, but it´s too unstable. The Husky keeps the lines better, feels more planted in my opinion. Get a 300 and put on the Keihin PWK and be a happy man:applause:!

Johnny