yamaha xt clutch issue

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by gazmcfaza, Jun 12, 2016.

1. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    Hey. As well as the husky I also ride a yamaha xt 125, the problem is, if I'm in second gear and try to slip the clutch, it doesn't seem to stay disengaged as I want it to, you know normally you'd play with the lever and throttle to determine how much the plates are grabbing together? Well when I do there's a ''crunch'' sound coming from the clutch area. t's fine if I just accelerate in first then second then onto third, but slipping it always makes this crunch sound. I took the side cover off, took the plates out, the basket isn't grooved at all, plates have been replaced, oil has just been changed, put on new pressure plate, adjusted the threaded piece in the pressure plate that gets pushed onto the clutch rod that goes through the engine. There's loads of visible movement, with the bike on it's side I squeezed the lever, and I can see the plates being pushed apart. There is a bit of play on the clutch basket, but not much, maybe 2mm. Chain and sprocket is only two months old and is adjustd fine. All I can think is the clutch pushrod, but to get to it I have to take off the basket. Has anyone ever had a bent pushrod? I can't think what else this could be, maybe if the pushrod is bent it's a lot more engaged than I think it is when I'm pulling the lever all the way in?? Clutch doesn't slip either so I'm stumped, it's not just a little crunch, think more of trying to put your car into gear without pushing the clutch pedal
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Have you figured it out? An xt250 has some dampening springs in the clutch. Maybe your 125 has similar and the problem lies in that. I have never bent a clutch push rod or found a bent one in a bike I took apart.
  3. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I think I have but can't be sure, took it to a garage today as the centre nut holding the internal clutch pieces was so tight, needed an airgun to undo it, we put in a new hub, friction and steel plates and pressure plate, didnt seem to be the road as could see everything coming apart when we pulled lever, but it's a big difference as soon as I rode it, the resistance in the lever is noticeable, it's not making a crunching sound when I slip it now, the only issue is it won't quite disengage at low speed but that's probably the clutch cable needing adjustment. I think it was the centre piece that spins round inside the basket and what the spring bolts go into that was the issue as the old one has a kind of glazed finish, whereas the new is straight metallic
  4. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    rod not road
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

adjust throw out with center push rod
  6. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    is that the plastic arm thing that screws with a thread into the pressure plate?