1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

XC 430 1981 Mikuni Carb

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by shunter17, Aug 25, 2012.

1. shunter17 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, guys I need a little help.
    I'm based in the UK and have a 1981 Husky XC 430. The Carb on the Bike simply says it’s a Mikuni KOGYO, and after reading through various literature I have worked out that it’s a 38mm round sided carb (which model i don’t know).

Here is the problem.
    The Bike when it is ticking drips fuel from the Carb, likewise if I leave the fuel tap on it will flood the engine when the bike isnt running.
    On inspecting the Carb I think it more than likely that the brass fuel intake needle and jet seating may be a little worn and therefore never fully closes when the floats lift the brass flap hits the needle.

Can anybody help me with exactly which type of carb I have (I think its standard) and where I can hold of a replacement needle jet and seat.

I have trawled the internet and not found anything as yet .

Many thanks

Steve.
  2. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mikuni 38 mm is the right carb for your xc 430.
    I've found new cheap parts on USA ebay motors.
  3. 2stroke-smoke Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    xc 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xl 100
    try this out. I am not sure if they ship to you. but you can buy all your carb tuning parts right here. Go to shop online, snowmobile, and then fuel systems. you have the VM style of mikuni carb. good luck.
    Hi-Performance Engineering

www.hiperf.com/
  4. shunter17 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks guys, found this after market repoair kit on the hi-perf web site.

VM36-38 - Aluminum Body repair kit that looks to be OK, can anyone confirm that the 38 relates to the to the 38mm and is the one i need
    many thanks
    Steve carb.jpg .
  5. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
  6. 2stroke-smoke Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    xc 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    honda xl 100
    your welcome, I have placed many orders with hi-performance, You can request a catalog and place orders over the phone.
  7. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    SUDCO is a Mikuni and Keihin importer/distributor out of california .they will have absolutely everything you could ever want/need for these carburetors. look 'em up online.