1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc XC 150

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dingodog, Feb 26, 2015.

1. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Hi there. Just in the process of purchasing a 2011 model XC 150. Can anyone recommend where I can buy thr original or aftermarket rear fender/tail light? Also, any good places to buy parts in Australia or online.
    Many thanks. DD
  2. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    You may be speaking of a wr144 over here. Its premo and well supported. I'll defer to the Aussies for local supply.
  3. husky195 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Wr165 2013 wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 TM250 1995 TM125
    R&D husky at Emu Plains in sydney
  4. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Thank you!
  5. Josh 98 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Wr125
    I second R&D Husky, I bought some kite wheels off them and they didn't have any in stock so they gave me some talons for the price of the kite wheels and I saved over $500! They have great customer service and post items fast.
  6. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Can anyone recommend a good tail light set up for this bike? Also, when I come to checking out the Top End, can these cylinders be re-bored? Replace rings till clearances no longer there? Any guidance on how I can determine if cylinder is original?
    Thanks in advance! DD
  7. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Any idea if I can retrofit a on/off/reserve type fuel vale tomy bike in place of the wind close/open valve?
    Thanks. DD
  8. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    b99b_35.JPG Acerbis do a left or right hand item that fits straight on in place of yours if you can not get a husky item

View attachment 53169
  9. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
  10. gergte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 2st, TC 250 2st,TE 250R 4st
    Other Motorcycles:
    HONDA CRF 150R, CRF 110,Z50,APRILLIA
    you can speak with chris at PFG up in qld they were the importer you cannot buy from him but he will give you a clear answer on the availability as these guys are still responsible for the supply of parts for the bmw huskies - i think they bougtht about 100 of those into Aust
  11. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi there dingodog,
    We have two of the Xc's one a 150 and the other started life as a 125 now a 165.
    On tanks. I actually bought an additional tap to put on other side from Bills Motorcycles Plus in Oregon, great supporter of this site and parts are much more reasonable if you buy a few and stock up. We have had no issues with the twirl down tap. But nice if a reserve arrangement.
    Rear guard. I wanted an extension piece to run a rego plate and our local dealer first class m/c got a guard in and pretty certain they said to suit a TC 250, but can't be certain. I have the original and they are different but new one fitted up with some cut and adjusting by dealer. the black extension guards with lights work the best. I use a scanned and laminated rego plate but we are not on roads much at all.

The engine is really great, keep the filter clean and use 98 and motul / motorex oils at 40:1 and you will get 100 hrs easily out of a set of rings, you can check squish (base gasket) by a solder of known diameter thru plug hole and then compress piston and crush the solder this will be best determination of compression and base gasket thickness req'd.

jetting see forum searchs and go for a rm needle, pilot jet as originally fitted was way too large for here try around 15 -20.

year model. Not doubting you but all the XC's bought in were actually 2010 and most people seem to advertise as 2011 but they are actually 2010. $6000 was the going price down south whereas in US they were about half that go figure ???
    The XC's got the heavier front springs 4.4's compared to Wr 125 (AUS ADR compliance) of 4.2. SKF seals are the go in the zook's up front
    I changed rear spring but sons is perfect.
    Fit an hour meter to a bit of aluminium angle and bolt up to near coil under tank. easily seen when you bend down.
    Like I said. I got piston, rings, sprockets out of the states and have a sizeable collection of spares.
    They are an absolute weapon in the tight single trail gnarly terrain and motor just lugs and rips when required.
    Seating standing position is magic and beats 06/07 KTM hands down in this type of terrain.

An absolute must is lubricate and grease all movable parts ie swingarm bearings, headstem, lingage inspect and regrease, these were only lightly greased or not at all at factory if not done you will most likely have to remove and replace. grease everything including rear wheel bolt and mating surfaces thru rear wheel as this tends to corrode and bind up leaving wheel / bolt removal difficult.

Enjoy !!!
    gergte310, justintendo and Oldscool like this.
  12. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Thanks very much downunder xc! yep, plan on giving a good ' once over', brgs etc. Took the bike out yester day and love it, nice and nimble with plenty of power.
    Thanks again for your advice, appreciated. DD