1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

X Lite Red Head mod info

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Roger Henry, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Roger Henry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13txc310
    I know there is a group of us that love this bike and I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can share mods that have improved the bike and mods that were a waiste of time and money.
    I have a 13 TXC 310. The so far all I did was shim the tank to prevent the radiator hose from rubbing ,zip ty oil circulation mod,zip ty aluminum fuel elbow, stainless oil filter and XF coolant.
    The bike has run great since purchase and the starter has been reliable. The suspension was revalved . This is the best handling and running bike I have ever owned.
    I have been hesitant to try any pipe,ecu or other motor mods since it runs so good. After reading several posts that the motor performance could be improved I deceided to try one mod at a time starting with the cheapest.
    Several weeks ago I cut out the baffle inside the muffler where the head pipe meets the muffler. I kept the muffler baffle in. I have 3 rides without that restrictive baffle in and I am very pleased with the performance improvement. The motor revs quicker,smoother and pulls farther. Not sure if there is more power but the power it does have is no longer restricted.
    The next mod will be the Zip Ty ecu reflash for $40.
  2. mbr440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE630 13TE310 14 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 VFR750
    Baffle inside the mid pipe? How did I miss that one..? Have you removed the Back fire screen in the airbox? My velosity stack was loose when my bike was new.. It still does not "click in" with a positive feel. No head mods on mine. I may have to do the FMF muffler as my stocker has taken a beating.
  3. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 TXC 310r, 2015 Yamaha 250fx
    I have 2 310s. One is a 2013 and the other 2014 (basically same bike). My 14 has a full Pro Circuit system which seems to add a little more on the bottom end. By far, the most fun bikes to ride IMO. The electric starters on both bikes have always given me problems. Both have the updated gears, etc. Just a poor design. They should have been advertised as "Kick Starter assist button."
  4. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I had the ecu reflash done on my 2013 txc310. Didn't notice any improvement. Maybe my dealer already had the maps loaded before I bought it.
  5. dirttom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMX250, RM250, KLX300
    With my 2013 TE310r, stock except for power up (remove cat, open up velocity stack, TXC filter cage dealer reflash to map 2), TXC gearing, bike could not be kickstarted as delivered new. Information from this website led me to shim exhaust valves to .005 clearance. Now bike kickstarts and electric starter spins easily.
  6. Roger Henry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13txc310
    I took the back fire screen out several months before I cut the baffle out. I did not notice any difference with the screen out
  7. Bob Bowman Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    310 TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300, KLR 650, Buell Cyclone,
    Im having a problem with hot starting my 2013 txc310, I ride in CO at 8000 to 11500 ft. The e starter turns over fine but the bike has trouble starting up. Valve clearance checked out ok and I can normally get it to kick start. It has FMF power core exhaust and backfires pretty bad when the throttle is chopped. Pretty sure is EFI issue but not sure. I was told that it may need to be remapped but no local shops will work on. For the most part the bike runs very strong but the hot start problem must be corrected. Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
  8. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Zipty might be able to help you. They may have a different for that elevation.