1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wxe 360 feedback

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by yzrider, Apr 18, 2013.

1. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    I found for sale a very clean low use '94 wxe360 for sale. Runs good no issues he's asking 1000obo. I have never ridden enduro or harescrambles but want to get into it a bit. I love. The idea of owning a big bore 2 stroke for durability and maintenance reasons.

What's life like with these bikes? It would be for putting hours on it, getting seat time, and ridden aggressively. And id imagine riding a 360 two stroke aggressively means lugging it and staying under the curve haha. I rode a kx500 with a gnarly exhaust and hated the power delivery. Was so so flat.

Anyway would love any feedback on this thing I know nothing about it and sadly a test ride isn't possible as I have a badly broken ankle. (am I sick or what buying another bike while in a cast from my current bike)
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    hay, i love the low down grunt in stock form, 2 premo would be the one to talk to about reliability, ive seen quotes of 200 hours between ring changes, bombproof gears etc... i so far cant fault my 02 except poor lights thats it, awesome delivery and a rush that keeps on coming.
    1000 us? i would be tempted, but get a mate to ride it? or see it run and check wobble factor of bearings etc... the main thing ive found with buying second hand or 4th 8th.. is not the machines issues its the previous owners lack of maintenance.

probably worth around the 900's mark in bits.. :thumbsup:
  3. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did as much reading from my phone as I could manage and it seems like these are great bikes. Maybe one of the most underrated of all time. The motors sound like great powerbands and the chassis is good even now considering its age. Sounds like I could have some fun on a 20 year old bike in some off road races. If its as clean as he claims and it checks out im really considering it. I could check the basic stuff and have a listen for sure. Seems he would even drop on price too

They seem to be reliable effective awesome motored trail bikes. With a little hunting parts are findable. I guess I answered my own questions with enough searching but any more feedback is still appreciated.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup if he lowers on price i would definatly take a punt. ive an 89 kmx 200 and i have had an awful lot of violent fun on her, not thats it is an abusive relationship just i tend to push 125's harder...
    wich foots bust if its the left ur bum luck if its right get him to start it an just go easy on road the front lofts so easy
    i lowered mine as im 5.6" and i made a decomp head too wich is the single most improvment i could have done as i can kick it like a 125 now.

most 360's are interchangable with the 93 being the odd ball if i remember correctly. different exhaust and head (dont quote me im still learing)

good luck
  5. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its my left and its still bad enough that even getting on it is a bad idea. you can tell so much by looking at them in person and hearing them im not really worried. I can grab the wheels check for slop in the bearings, can see general use by looking at the engine cases. If the tires are good, wheels are straight, bike sounds crisp, and looks tight for that price sounds like a great bike. My main goal is to get some riding in that isn't on my "main" bike to keep that one in one piece and fresh. This is for fun and to keep working at improving at riding if that makes sense.

Im honestly shocked at how good the bike sounds from all the reading ive done. Sounds like it does no wrong besides is hard to kick and vibrates some. It is a big bore so its pretty much expected haha
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    yup the 360 and huskys have slipped under the radar in uk its a strange one cus i really dont want another bike that isnt like this, they turn heads an always leave me smiling, did front wheel bearings jus now 1st time in two years yet to change the rear still tight.
    enjoy and welcome to the covert club lol
  7. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    You will love it !!!
    I have a 99 and a 93
    I took both of them for a 3 day ride recently
    We swapped and the vote was the 93 was the best of all the bikes there by far
    I have no intentions of selling it!
    The 93 and 94 are almost identical
    The color of the plastic is the difference
    The 93 does not need a decompressor like the 99 different porting
    I would buy it if you can
    Are you in the US or UK?
    FYI the 92 is the odd lot
    If you are looking for a nod you will love it !
  8. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im in the us live near Philadelphia. I have been on tracks mostly since I started riding. Looking for a change. So many "cool" bikes out there its fun to try some more out. I emailed him and tried his phone number. No answer yet. If I get ahold of him im gonna grab it I think.
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good luck
    If you get it send pics
  10. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you, are new plastics available for these bikes? They are faded and not too great looking. (fixing things before I own it) haha
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    rancher1 has the spoilers and possibly other parts
  12. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im doing so much reading, I need to get this bike. Seems like too much fun. Enduros and haresrambles seem like alot of fun. You think there are any upgrades worth doing to the '94? Suspension, brakes, or anything? I read about "opening" up the intake some and different exhausts being available. I dont see more power as being a need, but better response is always welcome on any bike.

Ugh new/old bike fever is hitting.
  13. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    wxe.jpg
    Is this the bike you speak of...?
    I looked it up on Craigslist. Im in PA also. Doesnt look too bad to me. Ive seen bikes 10 years newer that look worse. If the guy did preventative maintenance on it then it's probably not too bad of a deal. If it's like a 15 year old with an Angry Birds sweatshirt on who's selling it, then maybe you'd better walk away haha
    juicypips likes this.
  14. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's the bike! I found it on eBay ill have to look up the Craigslist ad. You think it looks pretty good though too?
  15. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    that is a good looking ride
    I would grab it
  16. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    that is a good looking ride
    I would grab it
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would buy it in a minute. Beware of seized chain adjusters. That doesn't look very ridden so they may require some tlc and fixin.
  18. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I plan to play with it alot if I get it before I ride it. Throw a new piston in it just for piece of mind and to check things out. I really want it. Never owned a big bore 2 stroke or a trail bike so this will be a bit of a change for me. really excited. Going to buy a go pro too plan on posting some videos hopefully this season.

Any other tips for this bike or websites for parts are very appreciated! I just hope I can get ahold of him.
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Yeh just see if the wheel bearings are good, fork seals, brake pad thickness, LISTEN TO IT RUN lol
    You know, pay attention to little preventative maintenance things.
  20. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks everyone, going to try calling him tomorrow about it again. I emailed him twice now. I have a pretty good eye for what to look for on used bikes but just things specific to this thing I wouldn't know. If there's trouble spots or something. Doesn't seem to be much to worry about though, all the reading ive done leaves me thinking there solid. Other than the front forks like to leak like just mentioned.