1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

WTH happened

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by troy deck, Mar 22, 2015.

1. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    ok short story the bars and clamps got yanks off my 87 250WR [ all fixed now bolted them suckers down HD style] the clutch cable got yanked hard enough to break the cable guide/holder off the case[ no biggie Andy has the fix for that] but now i have close to 90 degrees of totally loose free play at the actuator arm so im thinking well it twisted the cam in too ,tacoed the pushrod maybe it shoved the the throw out bearing through the pressure plate or mangled the adjuster screw the answer seems to be no,no,no and no the only thing that seems odd is the push rod is cut off flat at both ends and the cam has a weird notch in it it looks to be made that way all my older huskys 79,80.two 81s one 250 one 430 i swear had a rounded cam end on the rod and the cams pusher face was flat i know i recall filing it back flat on a few of them has anybody ever had this happen im i off my meds, gone blind,?? did something explode into dust the adjuster screw was a few turns from flush when i toke it apart and the tips not gone off of it i dont need the HVA part the put the clutch back together but i cant stop thinking that im missin sumpin WTH:excuseme:
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    back to the beginning
    how did the bars and clamps get yanked off in the first pace
    any pictures of the internal parts?
    heard if there are no pictures all things are suspect (not real) :D
  3. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    I don't think you are missing anything Troy, did your cable stretch when it got yanked off or are you using a new one, perhaps a wrong cable? Did you pull the cam & make sure it isn't snapped off?
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well premo the long story is make sure some dumbass didn't stack a bunch of flat and lock washers under the bar clamp bolts outa sight under the triple clamp leaving about 5 threads in the bar clamp two dont be lazy about clearing the old stale gas out of the crankcase by hooking the whole works to a big UTV with a throttle happy 10 y/o girl at the helm much cursing and bleeding will ensue didnt you see the pixs hay justin you no how this works can you throw up a link? the cable may be an issue but seems fine the play is at the arm on the motor like some thing was broke inside but i cant find anything wrong yes its all apart cam, pushrod ajus/throwout assembly and pressure plate all lying on the bench if you thing pixs will help i'll gett'em it just seems the rod suddenly got shorter
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    im kinda stumped myself...i cant remember but isnt there a ball on one end of the rod? inside the throwout bearing area? someone can verify yes or no? if it does have one it may have somehow fell out when this event happened?
  7. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i just cant see why the cam has that notch and that end of the rod is flat that just seems wrong :excuseme: seems like there should be a single ball bearing in there or sumpin going after pix right now back in 30
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i have several of the cams and they do have a groove that runs up/down. the four strokes continued this..im not sure when that started but sometime around when they became liquid or perhaps later when they gained the 6th clutch bolt.
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    FOUND IT who would have thought the clutch actuator arm would be the sacrificial part the hole is not a rectangle any more its spread wider on the cable end a small crack has started to open up on the out side[ ol boob is gona try to post a pix] i think i can fix it didnt we add about 3/8" to those back in the day to soften the pull i guess i can move the little HVA gizmo back to keep the cable going straight into the housing has anybuddy ever installed one of those im guessing it screws down right on top of where the original holder was?

Attached Files:

10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    ok can someone pleeze give ol boobs n i ez 2 fallow step by step how 2 on postin pixs the only way we can get it done is on the 1st post on a new thread i think i guess or guess i think:excuseme::excuseme: you put a URL[ whatever:censored: that is] on the pix first that little tree icon don't work for us
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yes Justin mine has a mint condition 6 bolt clutch are they bigger or did they just add a spring it seems Andy doesn't make a 6 bolt cover mine has what looks like JB weld on the oil side of the water pump kinda weird no sign of any leakage anywhere JB weld was the fix for eat up early mag covers but this ones aluminum and the JBWs on the wrong side:excuseme:
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    they had that jb weld looking stuff on the back side factory, not sure why but i have seen that alot. its factory, leave it be! ill help you tonight on pics if someone else hasnt, im off to the doc..
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    you still trying to kick that clap:eek: man you got it good:lol:
    2premo likes this.
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Ello pixturs? Right have you taken the picture? No take it upload it to your computer in an easy to find location. E.g. Stinky bike pix
    Now when Typing out a post you get three buttons (post reply,) (upload file) , (more options)
    Click on (upload file)
    Now a blak box comes up select the browse button and selection box of desktop programfiles blah blah blah turns up look for the folder (stinky bike pix) open it and select the stinky bike pic you want.
    Select upload file then under your standard reply box select full image.
    Now press (post reply).
    If you cant do it dw ive not got a clue either.
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    HAY THAT WORKED! thanks JP now you all can see where the play was coming from if you look close you can see 4 cracks :eek: so nobuddies installed one of Andy's cable holder gizmos ?
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    ok i was looking at the clutch arms on HVA there's a longer one for 4t's it says you can use it on 2t for a smoother pull i noticed mine was very close to the float bowl real close has anybody tried one ? WILL IT FIT dose need a little tweak?
  17. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650

I tried the longer 4t clutch arm on my 430 and was a little disappointed. Because of the additional length it wouldn't disengage the clutch fully causing the bike to stall when I locked up the rear brake going into the corners. I put the original one back on. Dave at tritrophy on ebay also has them.
  18. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    correct me if i'm wrong but the reason you could use a longer arm on the (later) 4 strokes was they had different clutch plates
    the early clutch plates were organic and aluminum, lighter and less rotating mass for competition
    if you replace your plates regularly or go aftermarket you won't get as much clutch creep
  19. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    did we ever decide if there was reason for the little arrow on the pressure plate?:excuseme:
  20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    phillip also has ss actuator arms as well.