1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 headlight assembly and wiring instructions!?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., Mar 8, 2009.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm wanting to install the headlight and computer on my new bike. Nothing is assembled.

Does anyone have access to the dealer documentation on how to assemble and install the assembly?
  2. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Did you figure this out? I just picked up a WR300 yesterday and got the puzzle pieces in a box. I set up the harness using a 12V UPS battery and I think I've got it mostly figured out w/ the exception of the speed sensor wire. It has male bullets but there is no willing female :( The taillight section is on the sunscreen bottle.

Funny, but one of the taillight bulbs burnt out in 5 minutes and I either have the polarity wrong on the battery (or the CR2032 battery is dead) in the computer because it goes back to midnight when I cut power.

Overview pic:
    [IMG]

Pic of how I think the speedo sensor hookup should go (not exactly plug and play):
    [IMG]

Pic of where the harness gets its power off the regulator. There are a couple of taps here, yellow hot, blue ground, which only makes sense if this isn't your first Husky. Oh wait, there is at least one black ground!

[IMG]

I think I am going to use a TrailTech X2 halogen I've got in the garage with a off-low-low+high handlebar switch and send the power to the switch to keep it off until I need it. As for my observation on the speedo wire, did I miss something?
  3. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

My stock speedo/odo unit loses everything but the total odo miles everytime you kill the engine. The clock, trip meter odo, lap timer,...everything else but the main odo blanks back to zip as soon as you shut the motor down. At first I thought maybe my internal battery was bad, but I couldn't figure out why it would keep the odo miles if that were the case. Then I read in the service manual on CD that that's just what it does on the US/CAN bikes with no 12V battery. That sorta sucks,...kinda makes the stock unit pretty much worthless. If you find a way to remedy this let me know, okay?

Also I put an Enduro Engineering hour meter on that round shaped place just to the right of the speedo unit,...as mine didn't have an hour meter in it at all.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I remedied it by buying a TrailTech light :D

I heard the stock one sucked, so I wasn't too enthused about assembling it and I have no want for the computer. Thanks for posting this though :thumbsup:
  5. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine seems to hold the time anyway. I haven't checked much else as it's not been on the trail yet. The SW version is presumed to be 1.8 from Sep '08. I don't intend to use the headlight or taillight, but I guess it would be good to have an odometer at least. Too bad it doesn't count hours. Agree, overall, kind of a disappointment.
  6. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well it's encouraging to me that at least yours keeps the time,....maybe it will hold your trip meter miles too. That's what I really miss, being able to keep track of my miles on a long loop,...for gas management purposes. I have to write down the total odo miles at the start of a big ride on the back of my route sheet, or trail map or whatever,...and then subtract along the way at stops. :confused:

Is there a battery compartment cap or plug on your unit? I've never really looked closely up under mine to see if there's any place to change out a battery. Mine came all decked out with the unit and the lights from the dealer, so I never had it in my hand to look over like you have.
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Same problem with my WR 125......its just the internal battery is flat...put a new one in mine and its works like a charm....batt #CR2032
  8. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Is there supposed to be a wiring diagram in the box with the Enduro lighting kit for the USA Cdn. WRs? I have the whole kit on order from the dealer but who knows what I'll get seeing that he had to order all the parts for the kit seperately. In the mean time I want to wire Head light /Tailght/ Brake light, and run a Trailtech Endurance for a speedo. My bike has a Regulator hooked to the wire coming out of the stator. Any body have a simple way to do this?
    Thanks
    Bill
  9. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Rockin' good news Troy,...Thanks!
    I'd pretty much accepted that I had a piece-o-crapometer on my top triple clamp. Now I can have trip miles and a clock!
    I know that probably sounds sarcastic, but seriously that's 100% better than what I've got now.

Are you sure I've got the same unit they put on those blingy all new 125s?
  10. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    You have the wrong sensor wire, mine came with a little white "plug and play" end. I'd go back to the dealer and ask for the right one.

My dealer could not get me the directions, they even spoke with someone in Italy that was supposed to fax them, but it was the wrong info :banghead:

I just laid it out like you did and a few days later it was done.
    I can tell you that the yellow wires are all connected so it should
    work out however you do it.
    I wired in the stock regulator with the supplied resistor.
    That resistor got very hot when I fired up the bike, but it has been working fine.

I also did not want to drill into my rear fender so I made bracket that extends the subframe to mount the light, and my plate :D
  11. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the info on the speedo wire. It looks like the one on my 610 is correct, so I will see what my dealer can do.

I have figured out that the headlight is the exact same POS that was supplied with my 610. With that, I didn't even like being on a well-lit street at night going to get gas. I am thinking one of the TrailTech HID's would be good in the event I ride at night. As far as the OEM computer goes, I am thinking of replacing that with a TrailTech Vector. Anyone have one of these? I assume the 4-Stroke Husky model will work.
  12. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yellow is power...blue is ground...connect the condenser inline with the yellow wires to the coil...then run the wires to the front and then the rear

the headlamp gives a few options.....high beam or low....or you could put a switch in there....but test fit the wires to see what works best..your better off soldering all conections at the headlamp.....there's too much going on in there...turning,bumps etc...they will come off eventualy

the speedo wiring....thread the sensor in and leave some clearance approx. 050"..... then cut off the male connectors....and connect them up to the small blue and black micro wires coming out of the instr. cluster wiring harness.....the polarity does not matter

PM me if you need more info....
  13. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am pretty sure its the same unit..:excuseme: from the pics above it looks to be the same

All I can say is mine did the exact same thing....it held the miles info...but nothing else...so if I set the trip odo..I had to leave the bike running nonstop.....or all info was lost

battery solved the problem.....CR 2032

I hope this helps....:thumbsup: