1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr300 Carb Help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Woodman925, May 2, 2021.

1. Woodman925 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nada
    I just rebuilt my Mikuni carb, it was in dire need. After getting it back together and on the trails yesterday, it started up fine, ran great, except every few minutes it would just die like it was starving for gas, a few kicks later it would start and repeat the process. Could this be my float valve sticking? Possible solutions?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Does it die at any RPM....or does it do it at a specific engine speed? It could be the carb, or it could be a ground wire in the ignition circuit, or could be a faulty ignition. First, make sure that your carb vent tubes aren't pinched or blocked in any way. that will cause problems.
    Woodman925 likes this.
  3. Woodman925 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nada
    I'm pretty sure it was any RPM. I know it wasn't like a certain RPM triggered it. It's like you can ride normal, cruise, then rip... and the engine dying was random. I had it die while tapped out in 3rd, then, slowing down, pulling the clutch in as well. All the tubes are fairly new and clear with no pinches.
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    We have intermittent running on these sometimes when the Ducati flywheel magnet pack comes unglued.They start and run ,they die or even pop back.
    steadydirt and Woodman925 like this.