1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr250 headlight tail light

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by m1kebeck, Apr 10, 2018.

1. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    So the bike I’m buying has all new plastics and looks mint. He’s putting on the old headlight and taillight just for now but looking for a new headlight taillight/plate mount. Any recommendations for something sleek and not too pricey? I found some I sort of like but would love some input or if anyone has anything for sale. I’ll post pics of what I’m contemplating buying. Btw the bike only has the stator and rectifier no battery. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. taps Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '94 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 RMZ450, '08 RM250, & '74 MX360
  3. m1kebeck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    I have an 04. But will check it out thanks!
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Here's the lighting stuff I used a couple of years ago:
    I took some pictures of Mr. Fleahoney after I finally got around to endurizing him with lights.

[IMG]

I mounted up the lights and switch....
    [IMG]

built a wiring harness and plugged the hot side into the only unused yellow lead dangling out of the OEM wiring harness, got the other side grounded, fired up the little bike, hit the switch and got lights! I had originally opted for the tucked in cable keeper that comes on the 07 TEs, but the front brake hose is too short for that, so I put a less fashionable option on the front of the plate, but at least the hose won't hang up on the plate this way.
    [IMG]

I added a bit of foam to the underside of the rear fender to cut down on vibration of the tail light assembly too.
    [IMG]

Now, I'm all ready for red sticker season and any ride that might go a little late into the evening.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
    gaz, Trenchcoat85 and m1kebeck like this.
  5. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    gaz and m1kebeck like this.
  6. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I’ve got the same graphics kit but the headlight is stock with a black front guard. Been thinking of trying a stock white fender. Now seeing these shots I’ll be doing that along with the white headlight which I hadn’t thought of. How does the harness go fitting behind the light there? I’m on my second one due to it rubbing behind the headlight. Worth keeping an eye on.
  7. Rob09 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Just FYI, that's not the stock front fender, it's a YZ250F fender. That light doesn't seem to sit right (and looks horrible IMHO) with the factory fender.

As for the wiring, from memory I just made sure It was all taped and cabled tied neatly out of the way. I've run that light on a couple and can't recall ever having an issue.
  8. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Good point. Might just put factory white guards on and try A white background on the black stock headlight. The harness looks a bit bulky to fit behind the toomer light anyhow - checked with my exc headlight. The ktm has a lot less going on behind there, well done getting yours to fit neatly.
    Dirt Dames set up is very tasty.