1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250/300 Thermostat

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PaulD, Mar 16, 2017.

1. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    What was the reason the 2011 models went to a thermostat? I know most people removed them but did the bikes run any better when lugging in cold weather? Spooge came up in the 100:1 thread. The reason i ask is my buddy has a Beta 300 that lugs all day spooge free. My WR is jetted just right with a 36mm lectron running 3-2m rod. If i go 1/4 leaner on rod she bogs and has no low end grunt. Power jet at 1 turn. Top end is strong idle is perfect.
  2. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I didn't notice the bike running any better before I deleted the T-stat. I replaced all the hoses after I tore one of the lower hoses. I notice the bike got a lot better lugging in all weather conditions with the PWK Carb.
  3. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    I doubt the thermostat has any effect on the low end at all. I agree with Fastkx. The PWK with FMF Gnarly gives the WR300 crazy lugging ability. She never stalls or flames out, she just keeps moving forward.

Heath
    fastkx125 likes this.
  4. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650

Did you do the FMF pipe independently of the carb? If so, can you really feel the difference? I know the USA Model WR300 comes with the "RACE PIPE" option that the Euros have to pay for so I wasn't sure if there would even be a difference. But as you probably know its not a very talked about bike so I cant just go to the dealer and be like What Ya Think...
  5. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    Yes. Carb first, then FMF. I also have the Factory race pipe. It looks to just be a Pro Circuit pipe with Husqvarna's name on it. Not tried it yet. I love the FMF so much, I'm afraid it'll be a waste of time. LOL

Heath