1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr125 2013 lighting queries/After some advice

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scott-tmk, Jan 4, 2018.

1. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Has anyone attempted or fitted any extra lights (i.e) 12v led light bars to run along side the original headlight for tge extra lights on late enduro rides? Can't seem to find any info on it and if you have could you let me know if you needed any seperate relays/switches stuff like that.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had a 2008 CR 125 that I had the stater rerwound to add lights your WR already has it I ran a TE battery box and a battery in the air box it just drops in and the seat hold it down I ran a big LED light which had a draw of about 30 watts

Reason for the battery is because with out it when you let off the gas the light would dim so ran he light direct of the battery and let the motor recharge the battery I raced many night races with that set up

I am sure there are pictures here on café husky if you do a search for it john
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I still have that same light which I use on my 2016 TE 300 did the night race at KOM last year with it
  4. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Thanks for the quick replies gents!

I thought as much it would use quite abit of juice good to know if i commit to the idea it'll probably be wise to fit a battery to the bike. Many thanks for the quick replies
  5. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I have a Baja Designs Squadron Pro in the stock mask and a Trailtech R/R + Shorai battery in the air box. The battery is probably overkill, but I like my lights to continue working when I stall out :D

The light is overkill for as rarely as I end up riding in the dark, but when I need it, I want something that is going to do the job.
  6. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Funny this should pop up. We just sent in an entry for a 24hr race. Trying to figure out lighting options.
    I’m assuming the wr produces AC current. Am I correct?
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Manual says 12V-110W for my 300 :cheers: