1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

wr vs cr 86 - 88 suspension specs

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by suprize, Jul 31, 2017.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    is the suspension specs different in the single shockers?? like the last twin shockers?? interested to know..cheers
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The 85-86 has a somewhat unique linkage that is more progressive than the 87-88 which is quite similar to what was common for say another 10 years. The wr and ae and te are significantly easier to reach the ground with the feet than the cr xc and whatever the other four stroke lettering is. The length of the shocks is different when removed, not sure if they can be interchanged with internal parts like discussed often on here for earlier stuff.
  3. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    My understanding is the XC has longer forks and more rear wheel travel by around an inch over the WR, and the CR and optional XC (maybe WR too) White Power 4054 USD's which were used well into the nineties.
    As Fran said, not sure if the WR suspension can be made into XC by removing spacers etc, but it seems likely.
    Are you looking to take advantage of the new VERI rules JC?
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    cousin Kristen has an 86 240? he is doing up and he is a bit taller than me and can comfortably run the cr specs. i wasnt sure if they were different into single shox like the 83 - 85 twin shockers