1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR clutch wont release

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sabortooth, Dec 22, 2018.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Hoping for some insight.
    This began when I replaced a broken kick start gear.
    Got it all together and pulled the lever to shift and no clutch. Lever pull felt fine.
    So I first figured I was missing the little ball bearing, so I pulled the clutch back apart. The bearing was there. I checked assembly procedure with the manual and everything was correct.
    I pulled the lever while the cover was off and witnessed the plates being pushed apart. then buttoned it all back up and still no clutch. Then I tore it all back apart and sanded the steel plates and oiled them all and reassembled, still no clutch even though I can see the plates being pushed apart.
    I'm at a loss.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Take the plates out and make sure the hub and basket move freely and smoothly, independently from one another. Then double check to see if there is an alignment mark (dot or arrow)on both the pressure plate and the hub. If these aren't lined up, the clutch won't work.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    My appreciation, Madame Dirtdame.
    That came out of left field to me and hopefully exactly what I needed to hear.
    The manual says nothing about this even though its half as long as the Holy Bible.
    The hub and basket moving independently may be an issue too. Not quite sure how to verify.
    By the way, I noticed the Hodaka among your bikes, do you ride trials with it?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The hub should spin freely with the plates out and should not be dragging the basket with it. Perhaps you have some washers misplaced.
    I don't ride trials with the Super Rat. In fact, I don't ride anything with it, as it tossed a main bearing on the primary side, and is a shelved project right now, sitting in the front entryway of my house.
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Follow up.
    Today I went through the clutch for the 4th time. I looked for
    for reasons the inner basket was not spinning independently. Turns out I had the mainshaft nut too tight.
    Feel kinda stupid for letting this go on for a year.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I love this bike but need a lowering kit.
  7. omnivore Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 more bikes.
    I had my wr165 lowered professionally 1.5" by Langs Offroad. They internally limited the length with removable blocks so it is reversible. I am 165 lbs and have yet to need more than the 10.5" of travel I am left with. The bike does look a little weird....kinda like it is a playbike, not a proper enduro/xc bike. But having a 28"inseam, I couldn't start the bike or even snick it into gear without hanging onto a tree or standing on a downed log or rock