1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Wr 300 2011

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Cairnsy01, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Cairnsy01 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 449 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Hi
    Can anyone give me some pros and cons to this bike.
    I have been offered a swop for my te 449 and quite fancy a 2stroke but i know nothing of this bike.
    Any info would be appreciated
    What to look for
    Any known issues

Thanks
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Depends on what you want to do with it. if you like to ride tight technical terrain, you will love the machine. They can be trouble, but not if set up correctly. Dragging clutch: fix with a MotionPro Terminator cable. Jetting and starting problems: get a JD Racing jetting kit. Make sure intake boot between carb and cylinder has some sealant to prevent any air leaks. Other than that, it should be pretty bullet proof.
    Jack Reed and Borntoride71 like this.
  3. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    I have a WR300 2010 that is pretty similar, I think the 2011 (or maybe 2012) is not using the Kokusan ignition anymore but a Ducati ignition that is more prone to problems AFAIK. I have this bike now for a little more than 4 years and I still like it pretty much. The bike is not perfect but if well maintained and set up it is pretty good. It is not the easiest bike to kick start, you need to do it right.

The OEM 5 speed transmission is close ratio, that means depending on gearing that you can either have good traction in first gear for slow technical zones but be limited on cruising speed on the road for ex (13/48). Or you can gear it larger so that you have decent cruising speed but a way to large first gear that is equivalent like the 2nd gear of other bikes. Well I may be a little dramatic but I did use a 13/45 gearing on this bike and in the slow stuff you need some clutch work or being good and fast :D I ended up installing a wide ratio 5 speed from a 2001 WR250, much happier with that !

I would go for the swap, but try it first.
    Cheers !
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  4. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Hi There,

What part of Spain are U ?
  5. Borntoride71 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250 EU Gone...
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 WR 250
    Could you give us a link to get thet Motion Pro Terminator Cable ... will it work with the OEM Lever Perch of the husky ?
    Thanks
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    It is exactly like a stock clutch cable, except that the housing is longitudinallly wound, so that it won't collapse and shorten when you pull on the lever. Part number for WR 250-300 is 10-0154.
    https://www.motionpro.com/product/10-0154
    Borntoride71 likes this.