1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR 250 clutch plates after market why cant I find any???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by macwood, Jun 23, 2011.

1. macwood Husqvarna
    B Class

Why cant I find after market clutch friction plates for my 06 WR 250, do they match any other models ie wr 360 or even from another make like a KTM. I can find many manufacturers but in there list of bikes they make for sadly no wr 250
    can any one shed some light on this including price. I did find some on ebay but they have cork as there friction material. Is that normal as it seemed a fairly soft material and wondered about its performance

Macca
  2. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Macca,

I guess you have tried various sources in US and UK? I find Husky parts horrendously overpriced here in Oz. I was just charged $24.00 for an engine bolt for a wr300. Either Halls in the US or Huskysport in UK are competitive for price and delivery is just as quick for delivery as here. I'm not trying to bash the local dealers, but there is a difference between 'reasonable' price and robbery!
  3. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Barnett makes clutch packs for your bike.... part number 301-35-10012 (8) for friction, 401-37-063090 (7) steel and 501-40-06095 for springs
  4. macwood Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks guys and I also get jealous when I see the USA prices for bike parts, no wonder they seem to be always fitting new bits and always buying performance parts, I think I would have to book myself in for counselling if I trashed my expansion chamber or something major on a ride.
    I tried barnett clutches but couldnt find a listing for my bike but now armed with these part numbers I will have another look, are they the same as a CR or is the CR a motorcross version of the WR I wonder what the difference is.
    ps any one know about stepper motor powervalve modifications on these bikes ?
    macca
  5. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
  6. macwood Husqvarna
    B Class

well cafehusky has saved the day again, from the info from the above I have discovered that there are clutch plates for my wr 250 06 are every where right under my nose so to speak. I looked on the Barnett site and found them BUT a little more research I discover that the same friction plates are used in about 12 different HONDA's some have 7 and some have 8 like mine. demi your number is correct and some of the Honda' using the same are NX650 88-89,XR 650L 85-06, XR600R 85-01, CR480 83, these all have 7 and CRF450X 05-06, CRF450R 02-06, CR250 R 90-96,and get this the awesome power house CR500R 90-91 have the same plates and same number ( 8 ) as my 250 Husky. ( plus more models also )
    with this new found knowledge I found them everywhere, barnett plate USA $14 same in AUS $20
    I'm still interested in possibility of stepper motor powervalve anyone.
    Matthew1776 likes this.