1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR 125 Upgrade Kit Issues

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WR BOB, Jul 18, 2009.

1. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Guys,,

You may remember my posts some while back with my new (April 25 2009) WR 125 power band issues. Gerald at Upstate in S.C. has all the upgrade kit but the pipe. He suggested me call the BMW/Husky hot line to complain about how long it has taken him to get everything and now the pipe. I work in retail and I know sometimes the comsumer can get answers quicker that shops.

I called Husky and now they say the WR pipes are on backorder from Italy and they don't know when they will have them.

Is the new pipe need to properly tune the bike with the new power valves etc. or is the new pipe just to resolve the clearance issues? I have a few mm between my pipe and shock.

Any help would be great!

WR Bob
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I wouldn't think the "New" pipe will make any difference in tuning.
    What I've heard is, it is for the clearance issues only.

If someone knows more we will be the first ones to here about it I'm sure.

I would be thankful you have the new P/V's and ride that little sucker.
    cuz it's a new bike with them in.:thumbsup:
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Hi Bob. The only issue with the pipe is clearance between the stinger and the shock Nitrogen tank. The new pipe simply re-routes the stinger under the N2 tank. No performance gains from the new pipe.

Since the CR 125's are not getting a new pipe as part of the "upgrade" :excuseme::excuseme::excuseme:, I had to summon my vast engineering and intellectual prowess to design a clever solution for our CR 125... :lol::lol:

You may want to try this till you get your new pipe. It takes up the slack in the suspension "twist" and moves the shock N2 tank farther away from the stinger by a few more MM's. I've had this on our CR 125 for months now and have seen no adverse effects.

On the 8th day, God created Ty Raps!

[IMG]
  4. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the new pipe will solve the clearance issues, and also improve midrange power.

r
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Its safe to assume with a redesign..that they probably will improve the power to an extent...shouldnt be a massive difference though...if at all

clearance issues being corrected for sure....thats the main goal..as well as cracks and pinholes

in the interim....take off the original pipe and two area's of contact are evident by wear marks... the shock reservoir....the kickstand...and its also pretty close to the coolant outlet pipe and hose on the RH radiator

I used a small body hammer and using the rub/wear marks as a guide.....tapped the pipe in slightly to get some clearance..very easy to do...make sure you support the back side of the pipe with your hand as your hitting it..to isolate the hits to the area

when installing the pipe... pull or swing the pipe downward (after the springs are stretched into place) to get as much clearance as possible at the hose/rad area....and then tighten the lower isolator first..then the rear one...

some guys have had luck with cutting the hose and also bending the rear mounting tab....but I didnt have to

should be good to go until the new pipe gets here.......
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Welp, I stand corrected. :thumbsup:
  7. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

At this point I guess I have no options other than to go ahead and get the power valves and the rest of the kit replace. I'll keep a close watch on my pipe until the boat from Italy gets back from the mother land.

You guys are great to help me out with all your knowledge. Thanks.

WR Bob
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Man... we are a privileged bunch having someone on the inside telling us what we want to know...

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I second that!:cheers:
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So where is this pipe? I have not seen or heard of it yet. Could use one.
  11. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Not sure if you are asking me about the pipe, but my dealer told me a new pipe was part of the upgrade kit for the WR. He said he's had the pipe and the rest of the kit on order since April. Husky says thay are still on back order and they don't know when they will ship them to the US. I hope I got the story right.

WR Bob
  12. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    This was the original "performance upgrade bulletin" sent out way way back in April of this year...:D I just found it laying around.
    Notice the 3rd upgrade consisting of three parts.
    Complete Exhaust, Silencer and Silencer block.

[IMG].
  13. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow that bulletin clears up a lot of questions. Have any of the new pipes been shipped to dealers? Thanks again for the info.

WR Bob
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    No they are still on back order...
  15. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree..perhaps someone across the pond has an installed pic...that we could see...........:thumbsup:

I for one would like to know if the silencer swaps from one pipe to the new one....this way I will buy the FMF turbo core 2 now...or not:excuseme:

Personally I think the new isolator on the rear is one helluva idea....it is just me or does that pipe ring like a tuning fork ????? talk about rattle......
  16. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

see this topic. first pic.

2009 and 2010 exhausts and silencers are interchangeable.

r
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Troy, I know you probably know this already, but when you talk about rattle from the pipe, you're not referring to the rattle from the wave rotor on the rear brake are you? At first, when I heard the rotor rattling, I was listening all over the pipe to try and find it. :lol:
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I understand where your coming from...but its not that

Compared to my CR with a FMF fatty...the wr pipe rings like a bell...if I get the chance when I am riding and not too busy..I reach down and grab the expansion chamber area with my hand....and the noise is gone :excuseme:

things will be better with new pipe with an added isolator at the rear...:cheers:
  19. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Most valuable info.......I thank you for your input:cheers:

I also notice a sachs shock with the reservoir 90 degrees......hmmm

little changes here and there.......:thumbsup:
  20. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I knew you were too smart to fall for the rotor vibration... LIKE I DID!!! :lol::lol::lol:... Just wanted to make sure :thumbsup: Either I'm too stupid to hear it... or our CR 125 doesn't vibrate in the pipe area... yet. :cheers: