1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 125 revisited past love

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Jun 6, 2012.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    What is it about these wr 125s ?
    I sold my 2008 wr125 a year and a half ago but wasnt really sure about selling and regretted ever since .
    Well after a TE250 2010 and a KTM 200 2009 I still felt that the old wr gave me the biggest smile - when it was going well.
    Sold the 200 and I was quite surprised to see my old wr 125 for sale on a free add website which wasnt popular for bike people.
    I ummed and ahhed but actually decide to get a ktm 250 as I didnt want to spend too much on an older bike . The wr owner later contacted me again and dropped hiis price considerably so after making another offer ( and a phone call to my wife... ) I got my old bike back for a very, very good price. Its actually had no hard use since I had it .
    Rode it up the road and the old bog was there but also there was the elastic power band that is so fun .:love:

I am so happy to have this old bike back again . The reason I feel I was so lucky is because they didnt bring many 09 models to Oz and the 2010 models were not road complianced and they have stopped bringing in the 2011 /12 models

So now I will be working on doing all the things i had planned to do with this bike but didnt quite get done on it .
    The main challenge being getting rid of The bog.
    I will keep you posted on the mini makeover :cheers:
    Motosportz and huskybear like this.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Nice! My '09 WR/WB165 isn't going anywhere.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats. I thought about selling my 08 CR 125 (WB165) and sure am glad I didn't. Like you said the small Husky's are just so much FUN. Enjoy.
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    100%!
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I dont know what it is but when I had the other bikes I had very little interest in touching them - maintaining them etc
    With this wr I get the urge to fiddle with it .. pull it apart - I even check on it at night like its one of my kids .... am I crazy ?
    I just love the feel of the motor and the way it handles and hasnt tried to throw me off ( touch wood)
    So yeh if you get sick of the wr 125 /150 and think abouit selling make sure you are really sure . Or better still keep it and have two bikes for a while
    I dont think I will sell this bike till I am very old ...
    tommytwostroke and huskybear like this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep I just put a new Rekluse EXP, new plastics, Grafix, tires, and waiting on the re-valved re-sprung suspension to get back for my WB165. My 10 year old grandson now wants me to keep it for him LOL! Somesthing about the small Husky,s easy to work on, sexy looks, smooth power, light weight, and handing that makes them hard to part with. I like the keep it and have another bike or two; thats what I did.
    huskybear likes this.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    yeh - you can get to the spark plug!
    wouldnt mind trying a Rekluse - post some pics of your beast John
    I love the 08 frame too and after having a TE 2010 I am not so worried about updating
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    these 125 huskys are quite lovable.
  9. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    So glad I am on the '10 WR 125. I will never go back to a big bore two smoke. Riding my WR is like a great mtn bike ride and an awesome ski day all rolled into one, never fatigued and rarely scared shitless. Glad you got your bike back! Whoop Whoop!
    huskybear and john01 like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL Rockdancer I'd love to post some pics but.........I'm way to dumb to do so. I can email them to someone if they want to post them for me. That is if I ever get my suspension back!
  11. misco Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125 2000
    hi i have a wr 125 and have done big end im looking for diagram of how markings line up on balance and idle gears to crank would be greatfull if u could help
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I suggest you post this in a new thread

I test rode the bike again last week and it was very weak down low - . I bought a new 150 OEM kit at a good price and installed it last weekend .
    Very easy to do . ( if I can do it it must be ) Thanks MattR and Kellys threads. Trickiest part would be assembling the power valve assembly.
    Now has more of compression and sounds deeper.
    Had a test ride around the area and it feels a lot meatier in low and mid. Not much weakness down low now and pulls into powerband much better . Seems too rich so will go smaller on the pilot and take it for a ride this weekend. Not sure how long I can ride it before I give it full revs.
    Thought Id post a pic of the difference between the size of the old larger exhaust port on the FBF 125 cylinder and the 144

IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0181.JPG

Also a pic of the difference between the older 7 port and newer 5 port cylinder

IMG_0183.JPG

The FBF 125 cylinder is still in very in VGC and piston olnly done 20 hrs - is available for purchase. Also have the original cylinder and piston in PC.
    I am not sure why theve gotten trid of spooge drains from the power valve chamber - seems like the spooge will now build up in there.
    Just needs some new tyres and a better pipe and bikes all good to go

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0194.JPG
    huskybear likes this.
  13. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im buying a 2009 wr125 this sunday. Always had big bore smokers and bangers. Im buying the 125 because of what ive read on this site. Also looking at the 165 kit. The only thing about this kit is getting another piston being im in the uk and the delay/customer costs. The bike im buying comes with a spare barrel. Would it be cheaper to buy a head and power valve from kelly in canada?....ill need to ride it first before i start throwing money at it. Its got the 50mm zoochis forks are these a good forks?
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We have extra pistons and can send one with the kit. Separate rings too.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 165 kit from Kelly/walt is a bargain
    I wanted to try the 144 before the 165
    So I went that way. I think it should suit me as a balance between the 125 and 165
    I like the top end feel of the 125 and didn't like a ktm200
    huskybear likes this.
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I have stripped the old 08 back to the frame almost and have to replace swing arm and linkage bearings (crap job) . Giving it a bit of a tidy up along the way.
    Found some spray paint for engine covers and frame which was a pretty good match.
    Painting those old footpegs.

Also finally putting the 165 kit on it to see how she goes as the final chapter .

The kit went on with no dramas. Some pics attached . Noticed there was fair gap from pistion to top of cylinder - 2mm approx. Running two base gaskets. Also noticed there didn't seem to be welding at base of cylinder as per MattR s kit. Very neat.
    The sub frame is not back together but had to start it up . Heaps of compression ! ( will test it) started after a decent kick and ran perfect . Sounds meaty .

When the bike is back together its going to be quieter . Want to try to insulate the airbox as there is a lot of noise through the carb.

Got some original unused new plastics to go on too so will post the end result .

Attached Files:

17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Pics of the bike after freshen up and yesterdays ride

Attached Files:

pvduke, sabortooth and wallybean like this.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    :p I rode the 165 yesterday and now its sorted just wanted to say thanks again to Walt for a great job on the 165 kit . Again
    :cheers:
    Had a blast ..
    There were 12 other riders who were all giving the little bike second glances and saying gee that looks like fun . Especially the guy with the new $14k 6 days :D
    Only bike to make it up one hill too . Not even a challenge. I like an audience :p
    Flick of the clutch and this thing launches. Running Cr ignition with Flywheel weight . Older Mikuni with 370 main and 17.5 pilot . (May go back to 25 pilot for peace of mind)
    Still haven't touch the suspension and I love it the way it is - saved my butt a few times
  19. surfingboyo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165XC
    I gave two guys a ride of mine on the weekend, they have already told me they have been checking on gumtree/ebay for a lil husky two banger...
    It's an amazing bike...
    wallybean likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I sold my 09 WR165, kicked the crap out of myself days later. Bought my current 04 CR125 and spent a lot of time making it an amazing 165. Then just bought another 09 from a friend thats a 144. Cant get enough of these little bikes.
    huskybear and LandofMotards like this.