1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

WP 4054 forks

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by CagivaWMX, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is anyone out there familiar with them? I'm restoring an '88 Cagiva WMX 250 that came stock with them. I bought a 2nd set off ebay that are like new but the brake side axle hole is just a tiny bit different.

I can modify it and make it work, but if I could figure out what the forks came off of I'd like to get the right axle and not modify the fork. I don't think they were OEM off a KTM, ATK, Husky or Cagiva. The bottom lugs are black instead of silver. I'm guessing maybe there were an aftermarket set set up for a Japanese bike.

Numers stamped in the top fork caps are: 10-88 F240 Y286US2
  2. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    hay wes you can take the ally ends of and swap them arond i pulled the ends of my 99 125 and had the shafts re chromed just need some heat to melt lock tight and a good vice ill ask arownd someone might know some thing cheers mitch
  3. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    HRC honda
  4. motortechniek Husqvarna
    B Class

An other possibility is to swap the alluminium bottem piece, they are screwing on the chrome tube, as maybe there is little difference in offset for the brake caliper as well.
  5. pvmx510tc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450, Gp360, 3 510 twin shockers
    Other Motorcycles:
    VStrom, Maico,Monark,Bultaco, Norton
    Have you thought about having a machinist drilling a clearance hole? If it were just a little bit, I'd mic. it & ask a machinist what he thought. The early WP forks were sold through White Bros. as an after market product, the nonadjustables are also vintage legal. I've got an 88' Husky 510 4t that I'm restoring & I'm installing a set. I've got some magazine artical about how this was the hot set up, as the WP triples reduced the trail for better steering. I've also got a write up on rebuilding & setting up the WP forks if your intrested, shoot me an email. These settings were worked out by Rodney Smith's mechanic & work great. How about a picture when your done? jeff250mx@sbcglobal.net
  6. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks guys. I haven't checked this thread in a while. I found out the forks came off a 86 YZ 250. Not long after I posted here I found that stamped underneath the triple clamps! All I had to do was drill out the threads on the brake side and bolt them on the Cagiva. The OE Cagiva forks were in rough shape and the anodizing was worn off. This 2nd set are some aftermarket ones White Brothers sold. I know a lot of people bought the 4054's for Japanese bikes in the mid 80s. They look brand new. I would definitely be interested in some set up/oil height info. I'll post a pic soon.
  7. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    hay wes that is AWESOME got my seat back to day did you polish your triple clamps im thinking i might polish mine your wheels look scmik with un-painted hubs you have the same prob i have UGLY tank my tank is in a tub of blech at the moment and im hopeing for a mirical. all i have left now is front gard fok gards rear shoke

cheers mate cheko