Wow, Trey, Millsaps and now Musquin out for the start of SX.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Don't forget Blake Bagget, Justin Bogle, Joey Savatgy and Casey Hinson.:thumbsdown:

SUPER LAME!:thumbsdown:

I was really bummed to hear about MM. He's a cool dude for a frenchie. lol zing just kidding. I was pulling for him, thought he was a favorite for a title. Guess it's Dean Wilson's to lose now.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  3. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

As long as Bubba is healthy things will be interesting!

Still looking forward to an exciting season and you never know what can happen in SX!
  4. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    The 250 class is thinning down fast and we have not even got to January! I hate to say it but that list may get longer before A1.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Its gonna be 'Stews World' all over again till somethin' happens to set the world back straight again ...

Yep, too bad...
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    SX Im sorry to say (Ive said this before) is now Stupid Cross. you go around a course thats 99% 1 line and if you make one mistake your season is done or at the least a couple of races out with injury. The Org just does not get it!! you need more guys at the gate evryweek not less due to injuries.......this is the worst motorsport for top tier guys out with injuries. You want more and more big buck folks to bring in the cash........you gotta keep all your athletes ok to start every week.
    Stupid X.....sorry. but thats what it has become

The business of SX needs to be rethought.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS Bubba has had more concussions than Junior Seau (RIP).
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    More info on the lot of injured guys :

The offseason is always a dangerous time for professional racers. Though the likes of Ryan Villopoto, James Stewart, Jeremy Martin and crew aren't lining up to the gate, that doesn't mean that they are free from injury. The offseason always claims a few poor souls, but the past month has been especially unforgiving for several top racers. News first broke (no pun intended) a few weeks ago that Trey Canard broke his arm. The oft-injured Muscle Milk Honda star made it through an entire race season without a serious injury, but a practice crash at home in Oklahoma has left him off the card for Anaheim 1.
    Since that time there has been a rash of injuries. Justin Bogle went down hard practicing Supercross at Milestone in SoCal. The crash resulted in five broken vertebrae and a broken scapula. He could miss the entire Supercross campaign. Blake Wharton has since stepped in to fill the role.
    Davi Millsaps tweaked his bad knee weeks ago. We seriously doubt that Davi will be able to go the distance in Supercross, if at all. It has opened up an opportunity for Ivan Tedesco to race again and test for the Rockster Energy KTM team.
    News also came that Joey Savatgy, the young phenom on the Rockstar Energy KTM team, crashed at Milestone. The list of injuries is extensive: broken wrist, AC separation, broken ribs and partially collapsed lung.
    It was recently announced that Blake Baggett, who missed races in 2013 and dealt with a bum wrist through the Nationals, could miss more races after breaking his foot. Baggett, along with Dean Wilson, are Mitch Payton's best chances of winning a 250 Supercross title. Now another rider–rookie Adam Cianciarulo, sophomore Justin Hill, veteran Martin Davalos, or journeyman Darryn Durham will have to rise to the occasion.
    Yesterday the Red Bull KTM team announced that Marvin Musquin, heavily favored to win the 250 East Supercross title, tore his ACL at the KTM Supercross test track. He is flying back to France in the next few days and will undergo surgery to repair his knee. He could easily miss the entire Supercross series.
    The scary thing is that Anaheim 1 is still 17 days away, meaning that there are 1,468,800 seconds for the world's best Supercross racers to get hurt before the gate drops at Anaheim 1.
    ray_ray likes this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC41 is out already? Sucks! .... This is gonna pretty much be his career apparently. :( .. He could always a championship down the line but you can't keep putting these things off. Always new riders coming up for a piece of the prize.

--
    Hot Sauce is back? wow ...Lets see what he can do... Hope he's not been sitting on the couch too much (like me) on his time off.

Not sure if you guys have ever ridden anything like a rhythm section, but it is nothing but speed and timing. Over-jumping in them is really bad. Probably worst than under-jumping ... Even though the tracks normally have a specific section called a rhythm section, these entire SX tracks are a rhythm section to some degree with all the jumps. Slightly wrong on the speed and its over. Lose a little traction on the take off, and its over maybe.

Watch the really fast guys in the corners, many times will have their heads down and gassing the bike out of the corners to exit it as quickly as possible. They know its just come out of that big berm and down the straight away, again....
    --

These riders today are very very good but the tracks need to designed to kill off their speed somehow to keep them from crashing.

There will be no real changes till the $$ flow changes to the lower side. Sorry Charlie, but $ drives business in most cases. These money hounds are not gonna risk their butter... I mean margins.. I luv talking margins :)
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm not really a MX/SX guy, but I think they could tone it down and find a way to keep it interesting.
  11. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc

I just hope TC doesn't end up like Doug Henry. Seems like he's always just over the edge, and in this sport that can lead to serious consequences......
  12. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Injuries suck. but it just opens up the possibilities for the hot new rookies. Especially in the lites class. Those kids are amazing for how young they are.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    My opinion is just mine but to me, the risk is just not worth the reward....
    but like in the old days of formula 1 ( and IOM type racing) guys will keep stepping up into the game, even as their peers are seriously injured or killed.
  14. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250
    I heard that Roczen might be injured now!! Are you kidding me!!! :censored:
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    He's had a injury every yr? Not sure how he is really making a living here with all the time off the bike. At the speed these guys are traveling, about any crash can be bad.

Make that young guys will keep stepping up into the game.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    *Update: The latest news is, Ken Roczen crashed while practicing, but the severity of his injury was not as bad as originally reported. After seeing multiple doctors, it looks like the injury is only deep bruising in his upper arm. We’re told to expect to see the #94 on the line at Anaheim 1.
    *Update: Ken Roczen tweeted a picture and a statement saying “guy’s relax. no broken arm. see u at A1″. You can read his tweet below.

http://www.motoxaddicts.com/2013/12/19/ken-roczen-injured/
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Really hate to see the season start off this way.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, this is Stews' arena and he should be getting all the PUB with his crashes ... These young guys are after his spot... Stew should respond accordingly either in practice on race night OR he might just might make us all wait till the gates drops for real. I'm not gonna predict his results other than no championship for the season.
  19. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Wilson was out at Pala last week practicing and putting on a show....like always.
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Rob,

I hear ya about SX, still a lot of fun to go to. Plus, we ole' guys get to look at Mercedes all evening long. :D

Do you remember the old days of the 125, 250 and 500 classes? And, during intermission, Doug Domokos would wheelie around the track just before the "Special" 4-Stroke Class would come out and race?

Saw Silverthorn race the exhibition 4-Stroke race at the stadium formerly known as "The Murph". Same night Lechein stole one from Glover on a stock bike.

They REALLY need to bring it back to the Coluseum too.
    jmetteer and troy deck like this.