1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

wonder where we can get these sweet footpegs...

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Motosportz, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Think I spotted some of those on ebay a few weeks ago. Were not cheap, as I recall.
  3. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have seen those, and then HVA has some seriously aggressive looking ones if I remember right as well.
  4. jagrdog68 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    72' CR400, 2016 TE300.
    Other Motorcycles:
    80' CR250, 80' CR480, 75' 400 Maico
    Some folks on our vintage chat groups are having trouble with HVA. Apparently they are not responding to paid orders. Be forewarned and do your own investigating first.
  5. Bryll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some
    I got some stuff from them, not a problem what so ever.
    The stuff for my upcoming restoration that I can't buy locally will I order from them without hesitation.

Edit: I got the footpegs too :D
  6. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was one of those folks that sounded in on one of the chat groups too. Spotted reference to a fellow stating it had been several weeks since he placed an order, and no email replies or parts.

I however, may have just had some luck with them. I got very concerned after reading the other stuff, and litterally even started a forced communication in Paypal, where I paid. Now, so far, they haven't replied in Paypal yet, but I did just get an email reply from the originaly first email I sent HVA through their own website message system.

Was a pretty brief. Somebody named Juan is replying stating my order shipped yesterday, via DHL, and he gave me the tracking number. Which does show some package inbound to atleast my city. Doesn't show my address, oddly, but the city is probably close enough for the package details at this stage. Funny thing is, on their site, it says once you place an order, that they will promptly send you an invoice for the shipping cost. I never received any shipping cost invoice. So, maybe they felt bad with how much the currency exchange rates killed me on the total price.

But, is looking up so far. I splurged, and bought an NOS gas tank, and side panel for my '85 500 project, which was big big bucks, for my budget.
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Those pegs they stopped using somewhere around 1984 have a rounded end and are less hazardous to the legs when walking by, tying the bike in the truck etc I think I will evaluate sweet differently. Also some of the new footpeg design is so that the mud and crud pushes through. That design with the two holes might not be as good some other designs for that. Are there kick starter interference issues with some of the new more modern designs?
  8. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know Uptite, if that's how it's spelled, made some trick pegs, and may be redoing them now or shortly, as well.

Regarding HVA, my concerns were for no reason. I mean, I got paranoid with delayed and somewhat lacking communication from them up front. But the NOS parts arrived this morning. If I wouldn't have spotted the group thread of the other fellow having trouble, and then read the other stuff on the net, I would have been fine. As the parts actually shipped and arrived extremely quickly. Apparently, they are behind on the communication side of things, and even my account on their website still just says pending next to my order. No signs there, that it even was filled, and or shipped. Yet, again, I have the NOS gas tank and side panel right here next to me. So no worries on the little side topic of HVA issues.

Those pegs do look trick, I must admit. We should start a vintage peg thread, to get all the pics of different kinds together. Might assist in knowing what a person needs or wants for a given bike, and what was/is available.
  9. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I'm new hear and slowly compiling a list of vendors for vintage stuff and services etc. Can you please provide the web address for HVA, I did a quick google and did not find them, sounds like they are overseas based on the comments. Thanks, Adam
  10. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

juicypips likes this.
  11. madamimadam Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 430 XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 Yz250, 2014 WR450
    Aldo available from DC Plastics.
  12. Muchmore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1600GTL
    Didn't I see some very similar to these but in red not to long ago?
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    it seems that those are HVAs BUT WILL THEY FIT ON 87s:banghead::banghead::banghead: i still haven't herd from Andy & or anybody from HVA????
  14. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    No they won't. The platform relative to the angle of the bolt hole is different. I made the mistake of buying some '86 pegs for my '82 and hence learned the difference. Fortunately only spent $25 bucks and sold them for the same.

HVA's ad specifically says:Fit almost all bikes from 1966-1984..not 72-74 but 75 with slight mod.
    Will not fit the 85 / 86 bikes.

You might try giving husky junk.com a call, they also look very nice:New IMS Husqvarna foot pegs. Made by IMS, identical to the modern bike pegs available for most new motocross bikes. These were specifically made to fit all models of Husqvarna cycles from 1966-1989. Bolt right on in minutes with no modifications necessary. These units are made using polished stainless steel for durability and performance. Large foot print design with aggressive cleating. Your boots will not slip off these pegs, that's guaranteed.

Presumably, they made multiple models to fit all the era's up to 1989.
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    so how the hell they do that????
  16. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    probably with two different models, apparently...like i said, my 86 400 and my 88 250 have different pegs than all the earlier models..i think 85 still had the older design
  17. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    Hi Guys.

We designed the footrests to fit the 83/84 bikes and it is great that they fit a lot of other years too. We may get around to doing some Evo footrests, but at the moment, I am looking at a stack of 170 Clutch covers that need machining and there are more crucial parts that we need to re-stock that have priority over later footrests. Regarding shipping, we never make money from shipping and we only send by a premium courrier abroad because of people moaning about service and lost shipments. I know I am tempting fate here, but since going over exclusively to DHL - they have never let us down. Generally, we ship internationally every day and 99 percent of shipments arrive in 2-4 days regardless of location. We do however go on holiday occasionally and also race abroad and go searching the world for new stock - so forgive me if you are unlucky enough to catch us when we are away.

We are waiting for 150 footrest sets to be completed as stock of these is very low at the moment. We De-tag items from the site (so you cannot see them) when they are not available. Generally Everything on the site is in stock unless you are very unlucky - and somebody has beat you to it!

Hope this helps.

Andy Elliott (www.hva-factory.com Owner)
  18. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    guess Andy is alive wooo whooo thank you Jesus :notworthy:
  19. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    As an aside ... I have just fitted a set of those HVA pegs to my 78 ML framed 390. Andy instructed me that they would require a small mod to fit as they were intended for the later models.
    The mod took me less than 30 mins, and half of that was polishing the peg so it looked just as good as it did before.

The fit is perfect, and the fitting kit was spot on too.

Sorry for the hijack Motosportz :)
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thats no hijack, carry on man.