Won’t Run Once Warmed Up

Discussion in '610/630' started by Desmodronik, May 29, 2022.

1. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    I have a 2009 TE610 that has done just over 2000 k’s. It starts fine when cold but will not continue to run once warmed up (after a couple of minutes). Key off, then on it will start but runs rough, cannot be ridden. Is there something I should be looking at? I changed the fuel pump and filters - didn’t make any difference.
  2. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a coolant sensor problem. Common issue. Best to get Ibeat and check for codes.
    KLOC and willie like this.
  3. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Thanks kirbybikes, I’m struggling to source an ibeat setup, I’ll keep searching.
  4. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Sensor integrity can be checked with a multimeter. I can dig out my spare and check resistance values if you want to go that route. Checked and sensor reads approx. 3000 ohms @ 20 deg.C and decreases as temperature increases.
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Put your state and location in. Maybe someone with iBeat could help or point you to a source/shop.
  6. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Thanks Willie, I’ll check that. I’m in Bunbury, Western Australia.
  7. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Hey Willie, I’ve check the coolant sensor. The values are close to what you suggested. About 2.8k ohms @ about 20 deg reducing with temperature increase. Should coolant leak from the coolant sensor hole? It didn’t leak at all but coolant was visible. What do you suggest next?
  8. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Have no experience working on fuel injected motorcycles but sounds like engine is running rich. Could be caused by leaky injector or maybe TPS. I can only suggest checking injector leakage by observing it with key on and fuel pump running to pressurize injector. Maybe someone with more experience with can chime in. Coolant may or may not leak with sensor removed. No issue there.
  9. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Thanks Willie, I’ll move on the the injectors.
  10. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    IBeat anyone? Or can someone steer me in the direction to buy one. It appears the place that supplied them previously no longer operates.
  11. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Page 30 over on the Ibeat thread to get you sorted on the cable. I bought a set and easy hookup. For the program look in the later pages for someone hosting the program online and grab a copy and an old laptop to run it. Look for codes and then set to Dyno Bob's fuel numbers to get the fueling correct. Sounds more difficult than it is, the headache is amassing the 3 required pieces. Even easier if someone local to you already has an Ibeat set up to use.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/the-ibeat-thread.44621/page-30
  12. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Thanks kirbybikes
  13. davethegoat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 610
    Did you clean the injector?
  14. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    Hi davethegoat, I’ve moved on from the injector. I managed to get all the ibeat stuff set up and there’s no faults apparent. I’m steering towards the pickup on the “flywheel” behind the left cover. I checked it and it appeared that there had been contact between the pickup and the flywheel. I slightly enlarged the mounting holes and refitted. It started fine and I thought I had cured it as it ran longer than it had previously. I’ll have another go at adjusting the pickup to see if that’s the problem. Stay tuned.
  15. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009
    I found the fault. It was the “gear shift position sensor” wire contacting the back of the exhaust. Only made contact once the exhaust heated up. If this wire “grounds” the bike stops. May be worth checking as this was like it from new. See pic.
    Theo likes this.
  16. Desmodronik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2009