Wolfman or Giantloop?

Discussion in '610/630' started by djchan, Jul 23, 2009.

1. djchan Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm looking at a weeklong troutfishing bonanza in Quebec in early Sept. so, I'm looking for a rear bag to compliment the dirtbagz for this and other longer trips. I don't want to use the Wolfman Alpha (too freaking huge for the 610) but wondered if anybody's used the smaller Wolfman small expedition rear and how it worked out?

Also, there's the giantloop. Not waterproof, but looks like a nice system overall. Any comments?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the Giant Loop bag. I also think there is a waterproof version now. I believe the owner of the company is now a member here going by Giantloop.

Found him - http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/member.php?u=1437

K
  3. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a buddy who rides with the Giant Loop bag on his KTM, we did 1000 miles in Baja with no troubles. It rides tight to the bike and no flopping even in big whoops. One thing I did notice is that stuff tend to collect at the bottom of the loop and you have to unpack the bag to get to some stuff. Compartments would be a nice feature.
  4. djchan Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the quick info. I'll look in that direction. Wonder if the Giant Loop can be used with the dirtbagz or if the bagz need to stay home?
  5. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

I ran this Wolfman bag on the same trip. It was almost too big to strap to the PMB rack on my 450x but held up well and was very water/dust proof. The yellow does pick up rub marks easily however. If the bag were 2/3 in size it would have worked better for my application.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedition/expedition_dry_duffel.html

You might be able to run the Giant Loop and Dirtbags as the GL mimicks the position of a passengers legs and the DB mount farther back on the rear fender. Check ADVrider.com for more info as I am sure someone over there has tried it already.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
  7. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Are there any Giant Loop bags that work well if a TE610 is already fitted with Dirt Bagz?