wiring diagram help

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by 2strokefixer, Oct 18, 2014.

1. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 400 xc, '01 te570, '99 wr250
    So i was thinking about putting a running light on the front of my 2001 te570... I know in other countries they can come set up like this already. I figured that there was a good chance that these bikes (smr/te) would run the same electronics. Correct me if I'm wrong but all i would need is a lighting coil... No battery needed. So i break open the work shop manual and find the diagram i need to see if theres a lighting coil on my bike, and low and behold all the wiring diagrams in that damn book say USA excluded:confused:. So i'm truly confused as to how to find out if and where I can tie a running light into said lighting coil... Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hi 2strokefixer, The 2001 TE and TC share the same stator so you can run lights. If you look under the tank you should find a power wire, probably yellow. You will also need a voltage regulator on the line to keep from burning out bulbs. Good luck !
  3. 2strokefixer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 400 xc, '01 te570, '99 wr250
    Today I took the tank off and did a lil carb work, and there was a yellow wire just hanging out. So what type of voltage regulator do I need to tie in line? Do they it can they come w/ the light I get? Or are there generic 12v voltage regulator? Do I find out what the draw of the light is and find a regulator that fits those specs? Or just buy the oem light from halls and wire it up? Thanks again!
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can buy a universal regulator for dirt bikes that is probably the most reasonable route to go. You just run the power thru the regulator to keep it below 14 volts.