1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Winter rebuild has begun '10 CR 144

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ripnriding, Oct 22, 2016.

1. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Was toying with the idea of just sending my cylinder to Walt to get it converted to a 165 but then thought....one of the reasons I went from a 450 four to a 144 smoker was easier to work on so...some coffee and tunes and now at the point where I am at a stand still. Parts on order from Lang's offroad (top end kit/new drivetrain) and other odds and ends like grips, motion pro clutch cable, steer stem bearings and a few other things from Canada's Motorcycle and oh yeah...another gear shift lever from ebay.

Luckily, I have found a riding buddy who is a trained heavy equip mechanic who is going to walk me through this top end rebuild but I found watching some you tube...it doesn't look that hard. IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG Dying to see the piston. Top is all carbon'd up and the head looks the same with a nice chocolate brown marshmellow plug...jetting is spot on? THoughts on the amount of carbon...normal? I've had about 30-40 hours on this with 2 events....pretty sure the previous owner had less than 10 hours on it and the first sold it with a fresh 144 install.

Also noted an attachment point where the left radiator attaches to frame has broken off...hmmm EE radiator braces saved radiator but transferred force to frame...will have to learn how to best fix that too...also has some fun using ez-out on one stripped sprocket bolt....owe my neighbour a new set as I wore one of the bits right down!!! GOing to post pics and share my newbie experience with this process.
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Looks like a lot of carbon to me.
    ripnriding likes this.
  3. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fresh rebuild and then ill have peace of mind. Guessing the carbon was from not enough WOT eh? Ill make sure of it next season hehehe. Looking to get my suspension refreshed.....any recommendations and $ estimate to expect
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Increased compression (the 144 has really low compression) and correct squish will make it start easier, run better, and burn fuel much more efficiently with a lot less carbon. The WOT thing might help too!

Rob Lang used to have winter suspension specials. I like really light oil in those forks.
    ripnriding likes this.
  5. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  6. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    After some more Cafe Husky review and some youtube....tackled the removal of the powervalve/cover, cylinder and piston. What are your thoughts on this. Crazy questions....how do I confirm this IS a 144 vs a 125 because I'm no expert but this doesn't seem like it's ever been opened....what do I need to measure or confirm? Pics of piston...more of cylinder to come

Attached Files:

7. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    a couple more

Attached Files:

8. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pics of outer cylinder with the only identifiers I can see....any of these numbers confirm this is a 144?

Attached Files:

9. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Measure the bore. 125 is 54, 144 is 58

Looks like that ring's been on borrowed time. Should have more power when you get it back together.
  10. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

measured the largest diameter of the piston I took out....CONFIRMED....58 !!! I have Rob Lang from Lang's offroad ordering in a top end kit. Is there anything I need to relay to Rob to enusure I get the right kit or is this a pretty simple order...Thanks for all your help btw..
  11. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You could give him the cylinder size, it it a letter that is stamped on it. Sometimes the letter is on the side other times it is on the base gasket area on the bottom.
  12. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Project on hold...a replacement Wossner piston takes a bit of time to get up here in Ontario Canada..
  13. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    Langs didn't have piston kits in stock? He usually has 'a' and 'b' sizes on the shelf!
  14. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's who I'm working with on getting top end kit, drivetrain, and some other odds and ends...nope..bit of a delay..no worries though..he's on it ;)
    Travis616 likes this.