Windshield?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by skywalker951, Feb 12, 2013.

1. skywalker951 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Has anyone come up with a windshield for there terra? Looking to build the adventure machine and have not come across any good options?
  2. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
  3. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    I have an oem on order at Taskys......they were thinking a few days last time I asked on 2-9-13...should be any time now
  4. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
  5. Wolftrax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650, Yamaha XT1200Z
  6. Wolftrax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650, Yamaha XT1200Z
    Any buffeting?
  7. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I took my CeeBailey windscreen off because there was just too much air directed at my face. Plus, I was worried a bit about problems if I dropped the bike in the rough. To get proper wind deflection up front it looked to me like the screen was going to get just too tall. I kind of like being in the wind anyway, and my road speeds will be a bit lower than on my previous BMW R1200RT.
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I have the OEM Husqvarna windscreen. Does a good job of keeping the wind off the chest, so at speeds over 80kph/50MPH makes the bike more comfortable. Downside is that it is not that cheap.
  9. PARTSDUDE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TERRA 650
    I use a dualsport helmet , i have no buffeting , i used this windshield because i had it laying around for years , it was broken at the old mount so i just cut around it and this is what i ended up with , its easy to take on and off , or adjust . i know its not for everyone , but i thought i would share the idea. on another subject , i have been a bmw car parts manager for 25 plus years , i have been looking at the parts fiche for the bmw serato & 650gs and for the most part a lot of the parts seem like they will interchange , i ordered a number of the oil filters and they are the same , the husky filters come with the husky part tag stuck over the bmw tag. i ordered the sprocket based off the bmw , i ordered an extra clutch lever , same , like the rest of you i have had a ton of bikes over the years and i feel i found a winner, the bike works great for me . it is a shame it will probably go away , its amazing how husky took a bike that bmw could only make average at best and turned it into a great all around bike for 2,000. less . but thats bmw , people just love to spend money on that emblem. my hope is that ktm will do great things for the brand.
  10. BikingEngineer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Kaw. EX500, 1981 Honda CM400C
    Ken,

Which model did you use? I've been looking for some wind protection and want to see all of my options before settling for an OEM screen.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same here. I bought a inexpensive AFX DS helmet when i bought my Terra from Bills. I am really surprised how much i like it. The windshield does distort the view slightly though. I wear sunglasses under and just flip it up for off road. Works great. Just food for thought. Did several 150 plus mile street rides, no issues.

[IMG]
  12. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I believe it was the Baja model.
  13. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    Factory wind screen report. I just installed the Husky replacement wind screen and like it very much. I am 5'8" and the wind is just at the base of my helmet. The helmet is in clean air and quiet at speed. The wind management on the bike with the factory hand guards is good. I do not like sitting in a still air pocket or getting buffeted around behind an ill working wind screen, it get's over a 100 in summer over here in summer. So, no pressure on the chest, clean air on the helmet, nice amount of air flow over your hands for hot weather and just a lite breeze around my body.
    kjackbrown, Coffee and Kenneth Webb like this.
  14. BikingEngineer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Kaw. EX500, 1981 Honda CM400C
    Any Mods needed? That looks like it would suit my needs pretty well, but I don't want to have to hack something up. Me and clear plastic fab are not on good terms.

That sort of helmet is on my short list. Unfortunately the only DS models that fit my head were the Shoei, ICON, and Arai variants, and I don't know that I want to drop $400-$600 on a new helmet right now. Perhaps I'll take another trip to find one that isn't several months' payments.
  15. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
  16. Lawtonco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650 as 3/1/2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA1200, 2002 Goldwing 1800A
    I like the Maier windshield that PartsDude did. I have long distances to cover -300 to 400 miles at 80MPH. How good is it at speed? I see where two brackets fit on the handle bar - where else does it attach?
  17. PARTSDUDE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TERRA 650
    Those are the only 2 mount points , it has two adjustable mounts that clamp onto the bars, you can move them around ,angle the winshield to what ever position you want. the mount bars allow you to raise or lower the windshield to what you want. it might take you a couple of tries to find the position that works for you , but at least you can move it around . it takes just enough wind off your chest and over my helmet , the windshied in its stock form before i cut it would have provided a lot more wind protection , but i am very happy with how it works at this point , plus in the summer , all i have to do is loosin 2 bolts and the windscreen comes off , the mounts stay put, so the next time i want it on it is only a couple minute job. hope this helps.
  18. v12gte Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, MV Agusta
    i just ordered the OEM windshield after learning that it is finally available in the USA. I will report back, and hopefully the windshield mount does not interfere with the touratech headlight stone guard.
    Coffee likes this.
  19. Lawtonco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650 as 3/1/2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GSA1200, 2002 Goldwing 1800A
    I ordered the Maier Typoon windshield.
  20. v12gte Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, MV Agusta
    OEM windshield came in. It is shorter than expected, but should work ok. I was not really expecting a Harley cruiser proportion and height. It takes some wind off and fits the bike, style-wise. I did have to put a spacer in, so that the headlight guard would still work (the prongs/inserts did not have the depth to pop all the way into the rubber grommet. The guard is detachable. I also needed longer bolts, but fortunately had some laying around).
    Overall, pretty happy.
    I just need fog lights and some wider pegs, and she will be ready to be transported to the mountain cabin in the Sierras, its permanent home. The forest trails reopen on May 1, so i might have time for the first oil change.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

FabOneUp and Coffee like this.