windscreen for 06 te610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Upwright, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Upwright Husqvarna

I have been tring to come up with some kind of windscreen for my 06 te
    610. I know about the lynx fairing but dont have the expense account for that much wright now.
    has anyone tryed modifing V stroms or versys windscreen to work there about the size I was looking for.
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funny, I'm about to go the Versys way pretty soon here....so if you don't beat me to it I'll give you the lowdown...

:thumbsup:
  3. Upwright Husqvarna

Sounds good. Im thinking it should look but have to come up with some kind of mounting bracket on the forks and or a differant head light that is more stiffer to mount to.
  4. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

I made a bitchin one bolted simply to the X2 halogen headlight....will try to pix here in a couple days
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :)
  6. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK I'm a flake....two MORE days OK?
    Coffee likes this.
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

This what you had in mind?
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

That's a Zero Gravity tall replacement for a Buell Ulysses. It does a surprisingly good job for it's size.
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  8. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

That looks very similar to the Versys shield...:thinking:
    Remind me, what are you using to get the bags off the pipe?

:thumbsup:
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

I built a custom aluminum rack that uses the factory mounting points then beefed up the subframe extensions where they are prone to crack.
    The windshield is held on by afixing it to the headlight fairing with snap fasteners. I wanted it to be easily removeable and also break away in the event of a over the handlebars crash, I'd rather have the windscreen pop off than my head.:oldman:
    Muddy Waters and Coffee like this.
  10. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Use this `spitfire`on the TE 630. Took about 15 minutes to put on.
    [IMG]
  11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Guys they both look the goods. great effort
  12. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry it took awhile. This was inspired (OK I copied it pretty much) from an image on an Australian 610 bike.

$10 of acrylic, cut with jigsaw, a few minutes in the oven, then draped over cardboard bent over the X2.

Bolted on with $5 worth of spacers and hardware. Works like charm, appears wider than the X2 but is the same width.

Has that homebrew look to it though....

Of yes the standoffs are 3/4", I wanted enough gap for a laminar flow, however after 2k miles the acrylic has falttened out as much as the mounting would allow and lost some curve, so the cutout at the headlight only has 1/4" now. Will get some 1" spacers to get that space back.

Attached Files:

Coffee likes this.
  13. begeberg Husqvarna
    C Class

Did the Spitfire on my 2008 also. Used 1 1/4 inch clamps with sections of bicycle innertube to go arounf the 1 1/8 inch bars. Zipped it up to 85 mph to see how it would work and works great.
  14. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Or something a little different.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Like the looks of this. Which Spitfire model is it?
  16. David Hoffman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada 1200s
    OK, this is bad ass! I still have my 06 and am planning a BDR with it this summer, I need this headlight and windshield set up, tell me how you did it please!

17. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like an old Buell headlight/fly screen setup, god those bikes were so pretty.

870D7A82-A0AD-4625-AFEA-F766CA1CCADC.jpeg