1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Will this muffler fit my bike?? Help

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by braapit, Aug 24, 2016.

1. braapit Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR449
    Hi all, just wondering whether the FMF PowerCore 4 made for the 2011 Husqvarna TE449 will slip on to my 2011 SMR449?
    Some other people have told me it should in the internet, but I decided to ask this community to get a solid answer. Someone said this:
    The 449/511 SMR/TE/TXC/TC platforms are essentially the same except some differences in suspension, brakes and engine internals/throttle body (TC). 2011 bikes are different to 2012+ bikes with slight differences in frame, suspension and wiring loom, but nothing that effects exhaust fit.
    The FMF Powercore 4 is a straight swap out for the stock muffler, you'll need to be running at least map 2, preferably map 3 (called Full Titanium Akrapovic Map in Australia) to get the best performance as the bike will run lean. A dealer with a BMW era Husqvarna Service Tool (HST) can flash Map 3 for around $50/30 minutes work, Map 2 is as simple as plugging in the 'power up plug' under the seat. Here is a bike with one installed
    There are alternatives to the FMF; Arrow, Akrapovic and Barrett all make a muffler or full system that will fit. I run an FMF Megabomb header and Factory 4.1 muffler with the secondary butterfly removed and fuelling corrected and it's a beast.
    FMF haven't replied to my email and I called them up and the guy said he didn't know and I have to find out on my own...
    Thanks.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Seems like it should.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yes, it will work. Welcome to the Café. You won't be able to flash map 3 on your ECU. The unfortunate beauty of owning 2011. However, adding a PCV will wake it up.